PDA

View Full Version : Primer, powder and bullet trading site

Kawfeegod
04-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Mods, if this is a violation, please delete.

I was reading a thread about the lack of primers and one user stated that maybe we should organize as a community to trade primers.

I took it upon myself to start such a site.

You can find it at:

Http://www.gotbullets.com/gb/forum/

Currently, just for trading, but I will be adding selling and more stuff soon.

BTW, there seems to be a bug after registration. Just follow the site URL after you register and everything will be fine. Please spread this site around.

Buckshot
04-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Mods, if this is a violation, please delete.

I was reading a thread about the lack of primers and one user stated that maybe we should organize as a community to trade primers.

I took it upon myself to start such a site.

You can find it at:

Http://www.gotbullets.com/gb/forum/

Currently, just for trading, but I will be adding selling and more stuff soon.

BTW, there seems to be a bug after registration. Just follow the site URL after you register and everything will be fine. Please spread this site around.

..................How do you propose to ship primers?

...............Buckshot

hoosierlogger
04-03-2009, 07:40 AM
you spelled boolits wrong in the address :-)

Kawfeegod
04-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Boolits.....

Well, no body is perfect.

Primers....

I am not shipping primers. The idea is that the individual ships the items. FTF is ideal, but if you have to ship, there is the hazmat fee. I guess if you really need them, it's like paying for another box. :)

shotman
04-05-2009, 01:49 AM
There is WAY more to it than Haz mat You cannot ship hazmat unless you are licenced. That is $200 and 20 hrs training

Slow Elk 45/70
04-05-2009, 03:32 AM
Better to be informed than incarcerated......[smilie=1:

TDC
04-05-2009, 04:09 PM
I think I may have been the one who made that suggestion.... I should have been more clear with what I was thinking...

I think networks could be set up with participating local FFL's in our cities that could be of benefit to everyone. Avoiding the government policies and legal shipping hassles would be important and certainly prudent.

Many people seem to be short of one type primer or powder and heavy with others. I, for instance, have more SP primers than I need for now. I have a new pistol that requires LR primers and I'm very short on those.

My thought was this ..... If a local dealer could calculate his cost compared to his selling price and add that difference to the exchange price I think he could have a very lucrative business right now.

Lets say his purchase price from distributors is $2 per hundred and his selling price is $3. If I brought in a hundred small pistol primers and paid him an additional $1 for large rifle he'd still maintain his usual profit margin plus have primers to trade to another customer for another dollar profit. No waiting for replenished inventory, same profit margin = satisfied customers --- everyone's happy...

Just a thought and JMHO...

TC