PDA

View Full Version : A letter to RCBS

Wayne S
04-02-2009, 01:12 PM
After reading the "Letter to lyman" thread and all the good things said about RCBS I think one you you elegent silver tounged one should compose a letter of praise to RCBS we can all add out 2 cents and the link sent to them. Alonmg with the praise a well worded request to upper Mgt. that they strongly consider replacing their mold cherries as they are needed with slightly larger ones based on more real world alloys like WW .
I for one am tired of their excellent molds throwing .001 or more less than desired Dia. bullets. .their 22 .225 throws .2235 .224, their 7 MM Sil. mold throws .284, not .2855 /.286.
i know I can 'beagle" them but since they offer such outstanding service on replacement and help, seams upper Mgt. could get into the act .

madcaster
04-02-2009, 03:44 PM
GREAT IDEAL Sir!
They have stood by their products all along and will get more business from me as I can afford to send them money!

montana_charlie
04-02-2009, 04:26 PM
I for one am tired of their excellent molds throwing .001 or more less than desired Dia. bullets.
Lyman uses Lyman #2, and somebody at NEI told me they use linotype. I have heard that Lee uses wheelweight, but I also heard they use some other 'named' alloy...which I can't remember.

Does anyone know which alloy RCBS uses as their 'standard' for adjusting the 'sizes' of ther casting tools?
CM

Dale53
04-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Lee uses 10/1 lead/tin alloy to establish their "base line".

Dale53

Wayne S
04-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Lyman uses Lyman #2, and somebody at NEI told me they use linotype. I have heard that Lee uses wheelweight, but I also heard they use some other 'named' alloy...which I can't remember.

Does anyone know which alloy RCBS uses as their 'standard' for adjusting the 'sizes' of ther casting tools?
CM

The last time I was talking to one of the custmer servive reps he said lino , or agreed with me when I said, "In todays world NO ONE uses straight Lino on a daily basis for their casting. He went on to say that the "undersized" boolits is the # 1 complaint they get, but MGT. dosen't want to do what they think is required to make the changes.

Ben
04-02-2009, 09:40 PM
" but MGT. dosen't want to do what they think is required to make the changes. "

Gee, ...........now that sounds very familiar ! !

HORNET
04-03-2009, 01:48 PM
IIRC, the RCBS Cast manual said they use linotype for rifle molds, 1:10 for pistol, and pure lead for muzzleloader.