PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Gun Parts

wildwilly
03-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Great experience with Winchester/Browning parts service.

I have a 94 Winchester (post-64), which was originally a 30-30. I had it converted to 44 WCF several years ago, but it never quite cycled rounds without occasionally one cartridge failing to transition from the magazine to the carrier (which failed to lift). To wit, the Numrich 44-40 conversion kit is essentially worthless.(The barrel is fine though; genuine Winchester).

I finally elected to utilize genuine Winchester parts, and after a fruitless search for independent sources I decided to go directly to Winchester. Several frustrating attempts were made to contact Winchester Service Center through their 800 number, in Arnold, MO. All I got was a recording. I then tried the Browning Service Center (same listing in Arnold , MO; different phone #). BINGO!!!

It was a very enlightening experience to order the parts (rt & lt cartridge guides, cartridge carrier for 45 Colt) without nothing more than the parts names. It was just a good ol' boy conversation which included the local weather. My parts arrived via UPS three days later. :castmine:

Buckshot
04-01-2009, 02:30 AM
.............That's nice when that happens. It's also nice when the person on the other end of the line actually understands what you're talking about, isn't it?

...............Buckshot

Just Duke
04-01-2009, 03:45 AM
I got good service too.

timkelley
04-01-2009, 09:52 AM
I just ordered from them again last week, they have a classy act.:)

StarMetal
04-01-2009, 10:20 AM
I recently bought a pre 64 model 70 winchester action (1949 date) and was missing a few parts. I called Winchester and although they didn't have the part (they never released my particular part to the public) the nice lady told me who to call to find one. We had a nice friendly chat too. I'm not going to build the action back into an orginal rifle even though I can get a pre 64 barrel and stock, because I want barrel it to 7x57 Mauser. If anyone has a barrel they want to get rid of let me know.

Joe