PDA

View Full Version : Trigger help needed

joeb33050
03-29-2009, 11:16 AM
This trigger is unmarked, on a M98 Mauser rifle by Creighton Audette. There are three nut-setscrew adjustments.

Does anyone know who made the trigger, and/or how to adjust it with the three nut-setscrews????
Thanks;
joe b.

madcaster
03-29-2009, 11:26 AM
I won some on an auction once,come to find out they were made by Knight -as in inline rifles.And yes,they DID look exactly like the one you have pictured!

bobk
03-29-2009, 01:56 PM
joe,
It looks like a Timney, or just about any other trigger. :) They all work pretty much the same. The foremost screw, facing downward, tensions the trigger against the bottom of the receiver. The setscrews you want to know about are the three that face towards the muzzle. The top one adjusts trigger tension, weight of pull. The middle one adjusts overtravel, the movement of the trigger after it has released the sear. Don't set this too fine, or the sear may not release if crud gets into the trigger group. Lastly, the bottom one sets the amount of the trigger-sear engagement. Personally, I used to set these so that I could feel a little bit of trigger creep before the sear released. This meant that the trigger-sear engagement was not so "hair trigger" that it was in danger of jarring off. That little bit of creep is something you'll never notice in the field.

Hope this helps.

Bob K

danski26
03-29-2009, 03:34 PM
It looks like the Timney on my Mauser.