PDA

View Full Version : Spring!!

Freightman
03-27-2009, 05:44 PM
We have had 60's to 80's all winter a few cold snaps we average 12" of snow all season we had 1" this winter. Come spring temp drops wind gets up and we have our 12" of snow all at once with 50MPH of wind, what am I crying for I grew up here this is not unusual. Can't get to the shop four foot drift between me and it. It is wonderful to live in the Texas Panhandle we average 19" of moisture a year and it is sunny the other 364 days.

Whitespider
03-27-2009, 05:55 PM
I lived in Oklahoma for a time, siding houses for a living.
Did some work in the Texas Panhandle from time to time.
I remember one morning, heading out from the motel to work on an old farm house, guy on the radio says, "Good mornin', it 5:43 AM and 93 degrees in the shade."
I look out the truck window... "What the hell is he talkin' 'bout?!? There ain't no shade! I can see for miles and there ain't a tree in sight!!!"
Sage brush and wind, and more sage brush and wind.

oneokie
03-27-2009, 06:59 PM
See on the wx reports that you are getting hammered pretty good. Hope it is not as bad as the March, 1957 storm. Was in Dalhart when that happened.

Whitespider, shade is where you find it. Some places it is harder to find.

Shiloh
03-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Well,
It's currently 32 degrees. I was going to clock some loads but with a stiff breeze it was too cold. Sunday it'll be 45 and sunny. I'll be out.

Shiloh

dolang1
03-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Freightman, Went to school at WTSU. Got snowed in at Frat party at Lake Tanglewood for a week. OK we were snowed in for 20 hrs but we didn't sober up for a week. Later Don

Freightman
03-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Not as bad as '57 but it is getting to be a close second.
Bet I could find the hogs at the place I hunt! (like I could get there) all roads in the Texas Panhandle are closed we have 12" + and NE of here it is 28" at Gymon, OK

hammerhead357
03-28-2009, 03:46 AM
Freightman, it was windy and 82 here at about 5:30 pm. I just got home from work and it has cooled of to about 50 and the wind is still blowing. Tommorow night it is supposed to get down into the upper 30s.
Dang glad I don't still live in Amarillo or the panhandle of Oklahoma.....My wife is in Tulsa tonight and is supposed to start home in the morning I hope she doesn't run in to any snow....Wes

Firebird
03-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, that storm is done with Denver, locally we officially got 15" of snow that's now melting in some very strong sunshine. Have the sidewalks shoveled and working on the driveway this morning; just letting my back receiver a little before going back out. Didn't have ANY snow at all in the month of February here in Denver, now we have two more storms on the way according to the weatherman.

TAWILDCATT
03-28-2009, 01:18 PM
I feel for you.I lived in a small town in Mass and in 78 I got snowed in for a week.
they ended up using bulldozers to plow with,my to stage blowere would not throw it high enuf to get over the banks.ended shovling my drive for two days,could not do it now.I had a toro snow broom that I had in side,fired that up in parlor and took panel out of storm door and cleand the 4' away from door.used it to get the big one and then it could not do the job.and now I am here and if it is not 75 degrees I am cold. I thought AL GORE said global warming.
I guess we are all waiting to go shoot.:coffee:[smilie=1:

leftiye
03-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Ain't it great!

bbs70
03-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Mid 40s last 2 days, rain last night, woke up this morning with snow on the ground and it is still snowing.
No range time today.:(
But my husky is in 7th heaven.:drinks: