PDA

View Full Version : Another slip down the slope

KCSO
02-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Do you solemly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...

"Under the peanalties for purjury of the State of Nebraska"

We're not allowed to say "so help you God" anymore.

I am pissed and will be in a blue funk for the whole weekend. God has left the midwest. The liberal a$$ho#es are offically in charge.

All rise for his possibly honorable...

versifier
02-10-2006, 03:07 PM
While it is true that they can no longer ask you, there is absolutely nothing to prevent you from answering, if you so choose, "So help me God, I do." If they forbid your answer in that manner, you might have a civil rights action.

grumble
02-10-2006, 04:38 PM
I've always been puzzled by the titles legal people use. The Constitution clearly forbids any "title of nobility," but lawyers call themselves "esquire," and judges demand to be called "your honor."

grumble
02-10-2006, 04:43 PM
A question for you legal types: When sworn in as a witness, you have to promise to tell the "truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing..." If a questioning attorney won't allow a complete answer, whether due to a sustained objection or just harassment, is the witness relieved from his oath?

If the witness is not permitted to tell the WHOLE truth, in his own words, is he breaking that oath?

felix
02-10-2006, 07:13 PM
I call those jokers by their first name. I don't take orders from any judge, unless he is a cast shooter with cash! The truth, without the Lord's input, is what I think was the truth when I dreamed it up. Guess what? I have been dismissed hands-down from jury duty every time after displaying this attitude. ... felix

grumble
02-10-2006, 07:46 PM
"I call those jokers by their first name. I don't take orders from any judge..."

Spend a lot of time in courtrooms, do you felix? <GGG>

felix
02-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Jim, I think I am on every court's mailing list, or at least once was. They have learned over the last 15 years plus to call upon Pat instead, because they know she actually likes to appear and serve. ... felix