PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Waksupi

45 2.1
02-10-2006, 08:29 AM
52 BIG ONES!!!!! Have a great day.

StarMetal
02-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Ric Carter, my my....52 years old. Welcome to the over the hill gang.
Happy Birthday Ric.

Joe[smilie=p:

wills
02-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Wow!!!!

Happy Birthday!

hpdrifter
02-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Happy birthday, Waki.

Mine is on the 15th(52nd also), my sons is also today!

Scrounger
02-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Happy birthday, Ric. I hear Carpetman is bringing you a herd of sheep in his new pickup...

wills
02-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Going to have to be small sheep to fit in that pickup.

Scrounger
02-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Going to have to be small sheep to fit in that pickup.

If I know Ray, she'll be riding in the front seat with him. If you know what I mean... :kidding:

357tex
02-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Ric
You caught up with me.How does it feel to be an old man. [smilie=l:

Herb in Pa
02-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Happy birthday Ric........I hit the big 60 later this year

SharpsShooter
02-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Yeesh! A half century + 2 :violin:

Well thats another year shot in the foot :grin:

Happy Birthday Sir! (Notice how people call you "Sir" as you get older)

Poygan
02-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Ric,
Only confirms what I've suspected all along...lot of great people have been born in February. Almost 13 ahead of you.

NVcurmudgeon
02-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Happy Birthday Ric! You share a birthday with my sister-in-law. As you are known by your cyber-buddies to be intelligent and kind, that proves that there is no merit to astrology.

MGySgt
02-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Happy Birthday Ric! Many more to come!

Drew

waksupi
02-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes. I am having a usual Friday, by most accounts. There was a B-day cake for me at work today, and they offered me the day off. I like my work too much and didn't take that! Told them to bank it against some weekend, when I had a shoot coming up!
However, I did take advantage of a few shots of scotch, and a few beers afterwards. Projected schedule, is to bed at the usual time. Got a shoot tomorrow, so don't want to be too fuzzy!

Jumptrap
02-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Ric,

Happy birthday.....you told me to respect my elders and I will do my best you old fart!

At least you got a cake! I wanted something warm and supple to spend the night with on my birthday....but my hot water bottle has a leak. So #48 was the same as any other day. Now, #47 was memorable...geezus i hope it ain't the last!

I promise to work on our project..gimme a few days.

Buckshot
02-11-2006, 03:10 AM
.....................Happy birthday Ric. I suspect you like most, when you were a kid couldn't wait to "Grow Up". Well, here we are! How do ya like it so far 8)

.................Buckshot, 53 last month.

The Nyack Kid
02-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Happy B-day waksupi.
FWIW i only know of, six soils and one rock formation ,younger than you are , so you aint that old .

shooter2
02-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Happy birthday Ric and many more too boot. Serengetti (sp) must be a nice place to work. It sounds like you've chosen well. I never developed a taste for scotch, but Bushmills Irish goes down easy. Are you getting winter yet?

Junior1942
02-11-2006, 01:48 PM
You guys are still wet behind the ears. . . .

8mmshooter
02-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Happy birthday Ric. My old saying is: " if one lives long enough one tends to get old. " Sure beats the alternative. 4 more years and you will be caught up with me.The Old fart club; blind man's club, are sexy senior citizen ; which ever you prefer. Many more healthy one's to you sir! 8mmshooter

waksupi
02-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Old age must be catching up with me. Went to the club shoot today. Clear sky, and cold. Must be the reason I got my butt kicked! Never take a smoothbore to a range master choice shoot. It is hard to hit cheetos with a gun with no rear sight. Gotta be the age...

By the way, was it one of you guys who left the happy birthday song on my voice mail? Sounded suspiciously like Ray...

Blackwater
02-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Happy birthday, Waksupi, and many happy returns. Oh yeah, where's the thread where we all tell about our aches and pains, failing eyesight, etc.??? [smilie=l:

RalphH
02-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Greetings, waksupi,

Wishing you a "Happy Birthday". Happened across this board and recognized some handles from the old shooters board. Wondered what ever happened to you all. Good to find you again. Ralph Huffaker said that.

waksupi
02-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Ralph, good to see you back among the herd!

MT Gianni
02-12-2006, 01:57 AM
Happy birthday Ric, did you hear the sheep in the background to know it was Ray?
Gianni.

swheeler
02-12-2006, 11:41 AM
AND MANY MORE! Scot

bisley45
02-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Happy Birthday! :bigsmyl2:

9.3X62AL
02-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Late add-on here......happy belated one, Ric! Sis the LT shares yer birthday with ya, and got a sweet gift in that her son came home on leave from Iraq a couple days ago. Right behind ya in age, I'll be 51 in May.

Vegas Vince
02-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Happy birthday Ric. May you have many more healthy years [smilie=p:

Maxthompson
02-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Ric,

If I'd have known I would have called at 6:am like I do my kids and sang you the song.

They love it.
Mike

fatnhappy
02-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Happy birthday!

better than the alternative.

StarMetal
02-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Ric,

A birthday joke for you:

An old soldier was celebrating 82 years on this Earth. He spoke to his
toes.

"Hello, toes!" he said, "How are you, toes? You know, you are 82 today.
Oh, the times we've had! Remember when we walked in the park in summer
every Sunday afternoon? The times we waltzed on the dance floor? Happy
birthday, toes!"

"Hello, knees," he continued. "How are you, knees? You know you're 82
today. Oh, the times we've had! Remember when we marched in the parade?
Oh, the hurdles we've jumped together. Happy birthday, knees!"

Then, he looked down at his crotch. "Hello, Willy! If you were alive
today, you'd be 82 years old!"

Joe

pecos
02-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Happy belated birthday, Brother Carter. But I kinda have to agree with Junior.

pecos (66)

lovedogs
02-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Waksupi... Happy Birthday from a fellow Montanan. You live in the beautiful end of the state, I see. I just can't stand it any longer. I've got to ask.... Where did you get that handle of Waksupi? What does it mean?

waksupi
02-19-2006, 03:23 AM
Waksupi... Happy Birthday from a fellow Montanan. You live in the beautiful end of the state, I see. I just can't stand it any longer. I've got to ask.... Where did you get that handle of Waksupi? What does it mean?

Reasonable question.
Waksupi, is the Lakota word for beadworker. I have been involved in the business of Indian artifact restoration, and reproductions, for over thirty years. I'm working on removing myself from the business, as after so many years, I have hit a burn out point, and now make rifles for Serengeti. I can safely say, I have been in the top five or six restorationist and reproductionists in the world for the past twenty years. But, enough, is enough! So, I am phasing out that part of my life, aside from a few friends and long term customers.

lovedogs
02-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the info, Waksupi. Now I can sleep nights instead of trying to figure out your name! Guess it's a cultural thing. Some years ago when one of my sisters was doing some research into our families origins we discovered we are 1/16 Hidatsa Sioux. Now I understand my tendencies to sneak around in the woods and my feelings of sympathy when I hear of the things done to the various tribes of the red man as the Europeans invaded their country. Guess I'm a man divided as the other parts of me are all blue-blooded European. Serengeti? I've read some good stuff on those rifles and stocks. Cool! That'd be fun work. If I ever get to that end of the state I'd like to see that operation. Best to you! By the way, one of my aliases, given to me by some Sioux I once had as acquaintences is "Walks With Dog". If we ever meet you'll see why.

Vegas Vince
02-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Happy birthday Ric. May you have many more with good health and prosperity in all.

MTWeatherman
02-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Its been nearly 10 days after the fact, but still want to wish you a happy birthday...hope you had a good one.

You can blame the bad shooting on the cold and age. Old farts do better in warm weather.

Give yourself another 8 years and you'll be 60...and have achieved full "old fart" certification like many of the rest of us.

The Nyack Kid
02-19-2006, 09:33 PM
and all this time i thought that a "waksupi" was a short fat hairy mammal that lives in the colder regions of the Northern mountains. they like chewing on wood ,drinking grain beverages and sunning themselves on rocks .they can live to be incredablely old , that is if they dont get shot .

waksupi
02-19-2006, 10:10 PM
and all this time i thought that a "waksupi" was a short fat hairy mammal that lives in the colder regions of the Northern mountains. they like chewing on wood ,drinking grain beverages and sunning themselves on rocks .they can live to be incredablely old , that is if they dont get shot .

I'll have you to know, I'm a six footer, so I ain't that short!

The Nyack Kid
02-19-2006, 11:02 PM
3 out of 4 aint that bad . if i worked for the goverment it would be top-notch excellent.
i also thought that a waksupi was a close relative to the marsupi .

Bullshop
02-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Waksupi
Going back 20 or more years there used to be a fella that came down to the Hamilton gun show. He always had a couple tables filled with trade beeds, hawks, pipes, knives, beed work, and all related items. Often had some quality ML rifles. I bought a 50 cal Wesson with false muzzle from him, wonderfuly accurate.
Do I know you?
BIC/BS

waksupi
02-21-2006, 01:15 AM
Waksupi
Going back 20 or more years there used to be a fella that came down to the Hamilton gun show. He always had a couple tables filled with trade beeds, hawks, pipes, knives, beed work, and all related items. Often had some quality ML rifles. I bought a 50 cal Wesson with false muzzle from him, wonderfuly accurate.
Do I know you?
BIC/BS

I believe that was probably Mike Leonis (sp). I haven't seen him for a few years, and don't know if he is still in the business, or not.