PDA

View Full Version : Making RCBS pistol lube?

the_ursus
03-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Ok, so my supply of RCBS pistol lube is really low and need to get my hands on some more. Now that everyone seems to be out of it and it's spendy to ship to AK I figured it's time to try and make my own. I've been putting this off cuz I fear changing anything with the loads I've worked up. Is anyone familiar with this lube and know what I need to mix a batch of my own?

Luke

Dennis Eugene
03-25-2009, 09:03 PM
shucks Luke don't know how to make it but the store here in Craig has a whole bunch of the RCBS Rifle lube if that helps. Dennis

Firebricker
03-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Luke, I think I have one maybe two sticks of rcbs. If it would help you can have them at what I paid for them I think $4 something. I'll I use anymore is LBT and carnauba red.

Sprue
03-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Felix lube with just a hint of green crayola is about the same consistancy, texture and color. Nor does it require a heater, I use it exclusively for pistol and the Levers.

the_ursus
03-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Ah, thanks for the responses guys. I was looking at Lars's site and decided it was probably WAY more worth my time and energy to just buy some 50/50 lube. Leah reccomended it so I put in an order for a couple sticks and a sample pack.

I was in a panic with spring bear season just around the corner and just couldn't wait!