PDA

View Full Version : Boolet lub confusion

Horsemen
03-23-2009, 08:50 PM
I have read just about all the large posts about boolet lubes.I’m totally confused on which lube to try first. My question. What should I start with. I'm shooting 45 Colt and 45 Auto. In a climate that goes from 0deg to 110deg. Is there a recipe that I should try first??? My lube sizer is the magma star. I ordered the heated base, I'm thinking I will need a hard lube.I need some suggestions.

Regards Mike

BigBlack
03-23-2009, 09:11 PM
I am a newbie as well and was just like you. I went with Red Angel and it seems to be good in my 380. But of course I could be wrong and time will tell if I get excessive leading. Accuracy is good though.

I know this does not help so I am watching the answers you receive as well.

Calehedron
03-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Try Lars Lube (http://www.lsstuff.com/index.html). Carnauba Red is what I use in most applications and I also use a little BAC in the cooler months.

44man
03-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Lar makes good lubes and Felix lube works for me all year too.

Firebricker
03-23-2009, 11:08 PM
+1 for carnauba red

shooterchris
03-23-2009, 11:22 PM
It aint yhe hardest, but it aint the softest either. The melt point is 130 deg. Farenheit, but Lyman super moly works great in my 1911 with a 200 gr swc. The only drawback is if your mould makes bevel base bullets. All lubes try to stick to the bevel under heat though. No ledding problems with this lube with 4gr of bullseye or 4.5gr of 231 under it. My opinion.....good lube. I have a friend that will only shoot LBT lube. This is one of those questions that almost everyone's opinion will be different. Any of the lubes mentioned in this thread are good lubes and will serve your purpose, just try a couple different kinds and see what YOU think. Good luck!:castmine:

Chris

mtgrs737
03-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Call or email Lars for his melting points and or his recomendations for your application, his lubes are good as is his recomendations.