PDA

View Full Version : Reproduced RCBS and Lyman Cast Bullet Manuals

kywoodwrkr
03-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Fellow Casters[well soon again I hope J] I have an opportunity to buy some reproduction copies of the 1st RCBS cast boolit handbook and the Lyman cast boolit manual. These appear to be very well done. Cards are not included in the Lyman copy J. See yuck-bay #140304377541.
Now the bad news of all this is It will cost you $30 for the pair delivered to your abode. I’m assuming that the USPS rate online is correct at about $3.50.
Now this total comes from $20(my cost for pair) + $3.50 S&H+$6.50 to the host website here. So a little over 20% goes to the cause.
I need to know if there is interest in this and if there is, then I need to get something in place at my end to ascertain how many pairs I will be able to handle. I’ve been told many! I’m anal and have to have an exact number. Please respond here if you are interested. This will not be a commitment. A commitment will be when you send in your $.
Thanks and let me know if there is interest. This will move to Benefit Auctions/Sales if it becomes operative.

jforwel
03-23-2009, 12:23 AM
I would wonder about copyright issues, especially since this is "for profit" as compared to making a copy of an article for somebody and mailing it no charge.

Boomer Mikey
03-23-2009, 01:37 AM
Original copies are on e-bay all the time and usually go for $20.00 or so.

I don't know how long the copyright lasts until the book is public domain but my 1st edition of the RCBS Cast Bullet Manual is Dated 1986.

There's too much scamming going on on e-bay... I've been had several times by some "creative wording" and paid too much for public domain books reprinted on a copy machine.

Good luck,

Boomer