PDA

View Full Version : All this AA2200 . . . . Whats a soul to do?

TCLouis
04-08-2005, 07:56 PM
I have all of this 2200 just sitting there and it needs to be moving little pieces of lead at a moderate speed to crash headlong into either a piece of paper or some appropriate plinking target.

I have 222, 219 DW, 6.5 and 7 TCU, 30H, 30-30, 30-06, 7.7X58, 338 WM, 357 Max and Herrett, or 45-70 to use to launch the said lead . . . . LEAD pills.

Any suggestions (OTHER than to ship said 2200 to you, shipping and hazmat charges prepaid)???

woody1
04-08-2005, 11:41 PM
TC, I have the data Accurate had on their website for some of the cartridges you list. PM or e-mail me your e-mail addy and I'll scan and send to you. I've found, as with most ball powders, it likes (needs) pressure to burn clean so with leisurely velocities you're going to need heavy boolits. Regards, Woody

Buckshot
04-09-2005, 02:47 AM
................I have some AA2200 and their website used to list several cartridges it was useful in. Some of it was used and posted on Castpics as it WAS a surplus number. I down loaded the AA website data and it went from the 7.62x39 to the 45-70.

................Buckshot

TCLouis
04-09-2005, 09:14 AM
I have the 2 page sheet that came with AA2200 when it was published. I acn't believe they have dropped the data from the web page. There has to be a lot of this powder still around. I just got another 8# jug (unopened) recently. I had hopes that since some of this group has been known to be frugal and since Natchez had some very attractive prices that some other cast boolit loading info might be available. I liked it when AA was just "down the road" I could call over there and get in contact with a "local guy".

I know one thing about the data on the two page handout . . . if one will follow what they have listed the 7mm TCU will EXCEED velocities it should produce safely, let me say again SAFELY! Seems to be a perfect example of straight sided or improved cases handling pressures very well.