PDA

View Full Version : What a good day

sheepdog
03-22-2009, 12:29 AM
So the day started off with Boolit member afrance coming over to help me load by first ever batch of reloads. Before we got started we hit the local scrap yard to look for him some armor steel for making a target gong. While he found that I peeked into the "lead pile" to see what was there. Old pipe, roofing tin, couple buckets of WWs, some range scrap. Then my foot hit something. It was a 20lb bag of what I think is either cubed monotype or 40/60 solder bars. By it was a kitchen trash can with nothing other then 3 nice big rolls of solder, a couple 5lb 60/40 monotype refresh ingots, half a dozen 1lb 40/60 solder bars, along with a quarter gallon of 18 wheeler WWs. Grand total $19. Needless to say this is my weekly stop and shop. :)

After thant Afrance got me rolling through my very first box of ammo (some nice 40 cal SWCs he cast and lubed). Was a great day, can't wait til i try them out tomorrow.

Tom Herman
03-22-2009, 01:40 AM
That's encouraging... It's time I hit the scrap yard again, too...

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

WHITETAIL
03-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Sheepdog, Always keep your eyes open for a find,
because you never know where or when you
may hit on a find.:bigsmyl2:

Bret4207
03-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Good for you guys! You owe afrance a good lunch someplace, and remember to bring some nice doughnuts to the scrap yard. Can't hurt to get on their good side.