PDA

View Full Version : Never stop asking

tomf52
03-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Today, at the last minute I had to have tires put on my truck in prep for a trip with the trailer tomorrow. Caught the tire shop almost at closing time on a Friday. They were obliging and got the tires mounted . Paid my bill and was on my way out the door when lightning struck in my head and I turned around and asked if they any wheel weights I could beg, borrow , or steal. The manager says "sure, go out in the shop and ask the kid to help you". Told me I just caught them in time because the full 5 gal bucketful was about to go in the dumpster. Told me they fill a 5 gal bucket about monthly and if I wanted them just to stop by and take them every month. I will be back there with pizza.

docone31
03-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Way to go!!!
Bring em NY style.

waco
03-21-2009, 03:50 AM
lucky you!:Fire:

OLPDon
03-21-2009, 09:37 AM
I reside in the State of NJ and when I ask for ww's I always say they are for our fishing club. Which is not a total oboma (lie) the club has members in the shooting sport, mostly comprised of Cops and Firefightes soooooo. I have tried using the ww are for cast boolits and the reaction from the vendor was one of which I might as well asked if there daughters were available.
NJ is a state which doesn't like, want or have any tolerance for anything gun related. Now when it comes to taxes NJ is one of the best to get into your wallet. NJ use to quite a few world class shooters but the outdoor ranges are now condos, and if you don't have outdoor ranges you just can not become competive enough to compete. Heck there are very few trees here in the garden state for the huggers to hold on to.

Good score and a pizza hand delivered with the bev. of there choice is a nice Thank You.
Keep on Trucking those WW
Don

tomf52
03-21-2009, 10:34 PM
olpDon - Was born and raised in NJ. Don't have to tell me about that mess. Left as soon as I could after retirement.

WHITETAIL
03-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Tom, good deal!
Where are you in NE Pa.?
I am near the town of Scranton.:holysheep

fusil
03-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Salut Tomf52,
Quote 'If you dont ask, you dont get', another from my Grandad.
Thats sounds like a good swap for some pizza.:mrgreen:

fusil

dakotashooter2
03-22-2009, 12:19 PM
the full 5 gal bucketful was about to go in the dumpster Say it aint so!!!!!!!!! :groner:

when I ask for ww's I always say they are for our fishing club I thought shooting fish was illegal. [smilie=1: