PDA

View Full Version : molds

Beekeeper
03-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Please don't flame me I have read until my eyes are red and didn't find anything.
Maybe someday I'll learn to do the search thing.!
I am getting ready to buy a mold for 223.
I have looked at the Lyman molds and would like someone that shoots 223 to give me a little insight as to which one or ones to buy.
I am thinking of getting a H&R Handy rifle (single shot) and want to shoot cast.
Please advise me someone!

beekeeper

SwedeNelson
03-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Beekeeper

I like you em just getting started with lead in a 223.
I picked up a RCBS 22-055-sp.
Hope to have more time to work up some loads.
Others will chime in I'm sure.

Swede Nelson

Riverrat
03-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Beekeeper

From all that I have seen folks on this site don't " Flame" people. They just try to help!! I don't cast for .22 myself but I am sure others here will be glad to help.

Ed

oneokie
03-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Do a search for "bator" mould.

Go here; http://www.castpics.net/
on the left side click on mould references and look at what is out there.

Go to the Swapping and Selling forum and look in the WTB, WTT, or the Boolit exchange,
you may find what you are looking for there. Or post a thread there and someone might send you some boolits to try.

Hope this helps

KCSO
03-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Make sure the crown is square on your Handi Rifle, I have had to re do a number of these, makes a world of difference.

mooman76
03-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Beekeeper

From all that I have seen folks on this site don't " Flame" people. They just try to help!! I don't cast for .22 myself but I am sure others here will be glad to help.

Ed

This is quite true. You will see some heated discutions and occational disagreements some times but we are a good group of people.:Fire:

runfiverun
03-21-2009, 12:47 PM
haven't got around to the "fun with 22's" yet
but i undersdtand they can be kinda picky.
that bator mold from midsouth seems to be the hot one though.