PDA

View Full Version : mold,size ,then shoot right?

jeff223
02-07-2006, 02:42 PM
mold them up and then size them one thousand over grove,install the gas checks and put the bullet lube on them.ready then to load and shoot?seat them so they go into the riflings?right?

if i do this way i should get some accuracy?right?

StarMetal
02-07-2006, 02:48 PM
no...you mold them, then put the gascheck and size them to your prefered size, then you're ready to load them.

Joe

carpetman
02-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Starmetal---you forgot to lube them. You mold them and depends on how you gonna lube them----using sizer/luber it is one step. I seat the gas check in that same step too as I use a sizer/ luber.

Larry Gibson
02-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Along with what StarMetal and Carpetman state I find better accuracy using a sizer that just seats the GC and applies lube (as in a lubrasizer). They are basically shot "as cast" diameter if the chamber allows it. If I size more than that I size to fit the throat or "leade", the bore will size the bullet to suit itself. Proper powder selection and charge weigh heavily on any expected accuracy also.

Larry Gibson

Bent Ramrod
02-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Also expand your case necks with an "M" Die. Seat the bullets out into the rifling and check the groups. Sometimes seating them just off the rifling works better.