PDA

View Full Version : best boolit lube for fast bullets

jeff223
02-07-2006, 01:27 PM
what one do i get?for the fastest bullets?

thanks,
jeff

Dutch4122
02-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Jeff-

A member of this board (Lar45) makes and sells 2 different lubes under the brand name "White Label Lube" that you might be interested in. One is the NRA 50/50 Beeswax/Allox and the other is what he calls Carnuaba Blend and is promoted to be a high speed cast bullet lube. Prices are $1 to $1.25 per stick which is a lot cheaper than I found I could get similar lubes from Midway USA, etc.

Here's a link to his website: http://www.lsstuff.com/index.html

I still have your address from the "Fat .44" group Buy so I could send you a stick of the high speed lube if you like.

Bodydoc447
02-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Lately I have been using Glen's (LAR45) 50/50 Alox blend on my .38/357 pistol boolits and his Carauba Red on .30 cal rifle and .41 mag GC boolits. I am entirely satisfied with their performance. Is there something better? Dunno. But at $1 a stick I'm not going to spend much time looking. If you email him I'll bet he'd send you a sample of each to try out.

Doc

Bullshop
02-07-2006, 09:21 PM
The name says it, Speed Green!
BIC/BS

357maximum
02-09-2006, 05:51 PM
That carnuba red that LAR sells is in a word awesome. I cannot believe how well it works, I was working on a lube recipe and after I tried the red, I put all my efforts into one big batch added a little neatsfoot, put it in jars bought another lube/sizer and now I use my crap for my 38's and anything demanding gets the carnuba red.. I have tried to make what he sells, for the price he gets and what I spent on supplies to make my own, I will just buy from him in the future, I quit looking for the perfect recipe I found it .......true it aint homemade but he makes it at home ...close enough. .. I did not make my silverado, but I still like it.

Sometimes I have to put my GOTTA DO IT MYSELF issues aside and accept the fact that although I can make a decent product myself, someone can do it better, in this case he outdid himself in exponential digits...

By the way he is also an oustanding individual and will do anything in his power to make things right. I paypaled him some money for a digital scale he thought he had, turns out he was out, instantly got me a refund and even offered to ship scale for free if and when he gets more, simply oustanding service in a world that seldom sees that anymore. Now if only he sold molds and gunparts on ebay life would be better. I am bout done trying to deal with them clowns.

David R
02-09-2006, 10:40 PM
One vote here for LAR45 Red lube. I use it on everything, peestol and rifle. Price is right, I am getting awesome groups out of my 22-250 at 2684 fps with NO leading. I lube 3 grooves of the 311466 and shoot em at 2200 in the '06. No leading. I am getting around an inch at 100yards with my 308 using the 311644. What more could a guy ask for?

David

xtrm41
05-28-2013, 09:39 PM
I have been using carnuba red from WhiteLube on everything I cast and load. love it.
I did notice that if 20 rounds are fired off in my .223 without letting the barrel cool down quite a bit, the lube is all over the action and empty clip. No problem for me, but if I sell these AR type boolits I'll probably get some complaints.
Anyone know how to improve this lube for higher temperatures ?

357maximum
05-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Now there is a serious old thread resurrection..........WOWSERS

I suggest you go read a few of the threads at the top of this section....when your brain cramps up from overindulgence of fluff, postering,opinion, mOchismo and the weather across the nation...... Go buy more C.Red from Glen or go make a batch of one of the many modified Lithi-Bee type lubes posted here and smile.

Lube is important, but alot of us take it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too serious.

Bullshop
05-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Since it didn't exist when this thread started I will submit Lotak as the speed champ of lubes.
3650 fps from the little 38gn NOE (also didn't exist) from my 221 fireball, no leading and usable accuracy. Do a search for it here and the thread should come up. You did say fast and that is fast.

Larry Gibson
05-29-2013, 12:28 AM
I've used a lot of different lubes in numerous rifles and cartridges at high velocity (2200 - 3000 fps) . I have found Javelina to be an excellent performer but it is no longer available. I've also found Lar's 2500+ to be superior to harder lubes like Carnauba Red or LBT Blue in most applications. There are "concoctions" but you don't know if you are "concocting" them the same as the original. The more complicated the concoction the greater the odds are that something won't be right. Thus I prefer the commercial lubes because with a little experimenting with say 3 of them you can find out which is going to work best at HV in your rifle.

Larry Gibson

badgeredd
05-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks

Edd

JJ Mc FRAG
06-01-2013, 02:17 AM
I use Lee alox lube for most all my boolits and sometimes use Wonderlube 1000 plus.
These work well with my loads as most aren't pushed past 1500fps.
My trap shootin' buddy and his pal were wrapping their boolits with teflon plumber's
tape and driving them out at 2700fps. with decent results.
I'll have to do some testing with this stuff and see.
;-)

dromia
06-01-2013, 08:35 AM
I've used a lot of different lubes in numerous rifles and cartridges at high velocity (2200 - 3000 fps) . I have found Javelina to be an excellent performer but it is no longer available. I've also found Lar's 2500+ to be superior to harder lubes like Carnauba Red or LBT Blue in most applications. There are "concoctions" but you don't know if you are "concocting" them the same as the original. The more complicated the concoction the greater the odds are that something won't be right. Thus I prefer the commercial lubes because with a little experimenting with say 3 of them you can find out which is going to work best at HV in your rifle.

Larry Gibson

Concur on 2500!

A very good HV rifle lube and it doesn't need heat to flow. I use it for every cast boolit application now, except low velocity 1000 fps loads, for that I tumble lube in White Labels excellent rendition of Recluse's 45/45/10.

badgeredd
06-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Concur on 2500!

.............. for that I tumble lube in White Labels excellent rendition of Recluse's 45/45/10.

Now that's what I wanted to know! Thanks for the mini review on LARS 45/45/10! Gotta order some post haste.

Edd