PDA

View Full Version : value of lyman #45 sizer/lubricator

sjm
03-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Hello fellas/ladies,
I'm brand new here, this is my first post. I looking at getting into the fine art of casting my own. I've been reloading now for about 17 years, but I've never worked with cast bullets, or cast any either.
I have been doing some research, collecting lead/WW, and doing some measuring of my Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt. I'm getting excited about harvesting deer this fall with this gun and some "home baked" recipes.
What's a fair price to pay for a Lyman #45 ?
Thank you, Scott

HandgunHTR
03-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Scott,

They are going for around $80 + shipping on E-bite right now, including those of questionable decent.

If you can find one for less, I would jump on it.

I finally broke down and ordered a Lyman Master Casting Kit.

Recluse
03-19-2009, 12:52 AM
My two favorite lubesizers are the Star and the Lyman45--but I rarely use hard lubes that need heat. When I do, I simply put an old garage sale iron up close to the lube tube and that is usually enough.

I've seen Lyman45's in good shape go for as little as ten bucks and as much as $100. I prefer to knock around various "swap and sell" sites hoping to find them in decent condition for under $50.

I've pulled the handle on RCBS lubeamatics and they're nice. Pretty stout, too.

:coffee:

Gary51
03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
I picked one up for $50 at a gun show last fall and it was in excellent condition and very clean. Also had a die and top punch in it.