PDA

View Full Version : Forum?

RMulhern
03-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Yeah!

We need a OGANT forum!!:drinks:[smilie=1::groner::killingpc

runfiverun
03-18-2009, 05:51 PM
i thought they tried an ogive forum once.
not sure where it went it might still be AROUND.
ohhhhh.

Razor
03-20-2009, 11:08 PM
OK, I'll bite.... whut's O G A N T ?? (Oh God, Another New Toy ??? :groner:

RMulhern
03-21-2009, 12:42 AM
OLD GUYS AGAINST NEW TECHNOLOGY:drinks::mrgreen:

AZ-Stew
03-21-2009, 02:20 AM
Oh, a place for revolver handguns, bolt action rifles and pump shotguns. Sounds (I remember sound) like my world.

Regards,

Stew

JSnover
03-21-2009, 02:43 AM
OLD GUYS AGAINST NEW TECHNOLOGY:drinks::mrgreen:

Yeah, sounds like a place for all those whackos who cast their own boolits and shoot blackpowder... buncha nuts....!

Slow Elk 45/70
03-21-2009, 03:55 AM
Ya, sign me up, nuther ole guy

dromia
03-21-2009, 04:34 AM
I'm an old guy, I'm not against new technology its just a lot of it seems irrelevant and most of the rest seems a lot of effort for little return.

Mind you if it wasn't for new technology at some point in the past then we wouldn't have guns, moulds, cast boolits, or this wonderful place.

I guess its gratuitous technology that I find so irrelevant but pervasive.

JSnover
03-21-2009, 10:53 AM
"Gratuitous Technology"..... Exactly!

Neat gadgets we don't need, solving problems we don't have.

leftiye
03-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Dromia, I understand your sentiments about "irrelevant" new technology. I feel that the larger share of what's been forthcoming for a long time is meaningless, or useless, or frills. Thats what happens when a society loses contact with common sense.

pdawg_shooter
03-21-2009, 12:33 PM
IMHO, seems like every new invention in the firearms field just gives a new way of proving the old way was better!

Ed Barrett
03-21-2009, 02:34 PM
If you are against new technology, wouldn't you have to use the snail-mail system? Perhaps carrier pigeons, bottles with enclosed posts tossed into bodies of water? The other method is to get some black clothes and a horse and become Amish, many of the present members got the beard already. To turn you back on technology should be an all or nothing commitment.

Limey
03-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Hi FPMIII,

.....how old ya gotta be to join?....maybe I'm too old already!...

.....is that old in body?.....old in mind?.........or just acting old?.......all three?...

....I found technology overwhelming when I was young!.......so that should make me a perfect member.....sign me up!

Safe shooting,

Limey

Shiloh
03-21-2009, 03:24 PM
IMHO, seems like every new invention in the firearms field just gives a new way of proving the old way was better!

If it isn't broke it doesn't need fixing.

Shiloh (Middle Age Old Guy)

Maven
03-21-2009, 04:31 PM
"OLD GUYS AGAINST NEW TECHNOLOGY"

Why not call it the Luddite Forum?

Doc Highwall
03-21-2009, 08:24 PM
I though it was ----:drinks: Old Guys And No Testicles

BPCR Bill
03-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Would this be a place to poke folly at the wanna be "Nimrods" and their high tech bottle of powder ultra mags? A place to rail at the new proprietary cartridges with no load data? How about the microstamping of bullets and not condoms? I guess I'm in!

Regards,
Bill

R.Clem
03-21-2009, 11:30 PM
I really like technology.

it's the stupid people who can't figure out how to make the damn thing work that get me riled.

Razor
03-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah, sounds like a place for all those whackos who cast their own boolits and shoot blackpowder... buncha nuts....!

OH !! OK.... count me in then...:castmine:

bbs70
03-22-2009, 09:54 AM
If you are against new technology, wouldn't you have to use the snail-mail system? Perhaps carrier pigeons, bottles with enclosed posts tossed into bodies of water? The other method is to get some black clothes and a horse and become Amish, many of the present members got the beard already. To turn you back on technology should be an all or nothing commitment.

I qualify as an old fart.
I believe new technology is a good thing.
Advances in medical science, communication, and numerous new technologies that make our lives better.
But what I dislike is the stuff that they advertise that implies "If you don't have one of these, you're not up with everyone else".

Windows operating systems and internet explorer are good examples.
Upgrades are great, but they seem to add bells and whistles most people don't want or need and still have bugs in the programs.
But if you don't have the newest versions of these then you're considered "Old Fashioned".

Text messaging, why not just pick up the cell phone and talk to the person instead of texting?
Saves time and aggreviation.

Advertisers tell you "If you buy this product, it will make your life easier and less stressful".
But it seems to me it has the reverse effect.

Video games are fine, but whatever happened to getting out of the house and socializing?
My 48 yr old sis-in-law bought a Wii so her and her husband would get up and move around and get some exercise rather than just sit on the couch and play their video games.:confused:

As I said, new technology is great, but most of it is to fix problems that don't exist and make our more hectic and stressful that they already are.

Tom Herman
03-22-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm glad there are more advances in medical technology, especially as we get older. I'd like to see us all stick around longer...
As far as other stuff goes, yes, I think we're surrounded by so much superfluous stuff...
I spend my working time dealing with lots of high tech stuff, but my own time is spent with a lot of older stuff, like restoring vacuum tube radios. I have enough RBA-RBB-RBC receivers to outfit a battleship!
Older stuff is generally built better than modern stuff is. It's built to LAST, and consumer electronic items were built to be maintained, which is becoming increasingly rare with stuff nowadays.
As people move away from good quality older items, it gives those of us that appreciate such items the opportunity to pick them up for a song and a dance and hoard them... Regrettably, the demand for older, higher quality firearms is high, which precludes me from hoarding too many of them.
I don't like plastic guns. Give me a classic revolver anytime! One item on my short list of toys to accumulate is a Remington Rolling Block rifle...

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

Beekeeper
03-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Count me in.
I'm so old even a computer is black magic.
Does that mean if you use one you get burned at the stake after the inquestion?
See I can't spell either!

beekeeper

hydraulic
03-22-2009, 09:09 PM
My yearly dental checkup is coming up next month, and it always brings back memories of old Doc Guttery's dental office when I was a kid. A foot operated drill, no asethetic, and he didn't even have running water. Other than that, though, there hasn't been much improvement since they quit making guns in 1964.

JSnover
03-23-2009, 05:24 PM
"OLD GUYS AGAINST NEW TECHNOLOGY"

Why not call it the Luddite Forum?

How 'bout Leaddite?