PDA

View Full Version : Who Makes Brass....

BlueSmoke
03-16-2009, 11:23 PM
I know this is a bit off topic but I want to tap into the knowledge that's on this site.

Does anyone know a company or companies that can custom make Rifle and Handgun brass?

I already know about Starline. Any others?

Regards,

BlueSmoke

oneokie
03-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Do a search for "Jamison"

Firebird
03-17-2009, 05:28 AM
I don't believe anyone makes CUSTOM brass, several companies over the years have made or re-formed brass for "rare"/obsolete factory cartridges and/or popular wildcats. Quality (http://www.qual-cart.com/) makes and re-forms brass, Jamison International makes brass, doesn't seem to have a web page but sells through Midway and Graf's.

calaloo
03-17-2009, 07:50 AM
Rocky Mountain Cartridge makes custom brass. I don't know if they will make anything. I do know they make obscure brass for old obsolete rifles.

Shiloh
03-17-2009, 09:35 AM
See these guys. They are one source.
Be prepared to dig down deep in the wallet for custom brass !!

http://www.gateway.net.au/~buffalo/bullets.htm

Have you considered conversions from an already manufactured cartridge case??

Shiloh

TAWILDCATT
03-17-2009, 12:10 PM
most of the custom brass makers actually reform existing cases.others machine from bar stock.
you would be supprised at how many cartriges were formed from existing cases.
french 8 mm from black powder 11 mm.and 348 win can be used .thats just an example.what caliber do you want.Donnelys book and Nontes is the best.:coffee:
[smilie=1:

BlueSmoke
03-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Just to clarify.........I'm not looking for old west or obsolete cartridges.

I was just wondering who could supply me with an un-ending supply of 9mm or .223 brass for example. With a cuztom headstamp.

I'm researching a project and running out of brass is not an option.

Regards,

BlueSmoke

Shiloh
03-18-2009, 01:00 PM
You may have to try one of the commercial manufacturers to stamp brass for you with a custom headstamp.

Who knows what volumes you would have to buy or if they even do this. The legalese and litigiousness associated with this type of project may preclude them even considering it.

Shiloh

TheRock
03-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Generally, you need to order about 250K to get a custom headstamp.

I know Speer and Starline do this; not sure who else does it.

HTH,
TR

JW6108
03-19-2009, 11:02 PM
I know this is a bit off topic but I want to tap into the knowledge that's on this site.

Does anyone know a company or companies that can custom make Rifle and Handgun brass?

I already know about Starline. Any others?

Regards,

BlueSmoke

When new unprimed 8x56Rmm cases were unavailable a few months ago, I asked Starline if they could anticipate producing these if they determined there was sufficient demand. They told me that their production was running full tilt with their current line and they would not be in a position to manufacture any bottleneck rifle cases. I suspected as much, but thought I would at least ask. Since Graf's has gotten in a shipment from Prvi Partizan, the issue is moot at this point.