Joe

Herb in Pa
02-05-2006, 11:52 PM
The Steelers won the Super Bowl [smilie=p: I"m so happy. [smilie=p:

Joe

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunload Master
02-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Was a pretty good game, but I think the steelers pretty much Romped them the whole game. Seahawks didnt put much effort it, though they had a good interception.

I'm not much into football, but I saw three plays that I thought were bogus in the first half... Oh well

9.3X62AL
02-06-2006, 01:20 AM
I really like the college game, NFL is all right. I was glad to see Jerome Bettis get a Super Bowl ring.

I think the NFL regular season is about 2-4 games too long. I know this is heresy, but there it is. 4-5 pre-season games, then 16 regular season games, and at least 2 playoff games to get to the Super Bowl. That is A LOT of contact, from mid-July to early February. No wonder the game was sort of slow going during the first half.

The Nyack Kid
02-06-2006, 01:42 AM
I was rooting for the steelers
IMO it was not a great game but it was good., Itdid have a lot of interesting stuff happen that one does not see in a run-of-the-mill game, plus the are lots of "stats" that a football junky love to roll around in that makes it a game to remember .
I myself like a good close game , ad for a wile that is what is was . this game will be talked about for a long time ( till the next super bowl anyways) . was i the only one that slept thought the half-time show ?

onceabull
02-06-2006, 01:49 AM
Superbowl worth watching just to see 75 Yd run from scrimmage.. Understand that is SuperBowl record ??? Onceabull

StarMetal
02-06-2006, 01:57 AM
Steelers quarterback was the youngest to win a bowl, plus that play where he lateraled the ball to another player and that player to another and that player making a pass was first too.

Joe

Buckshot
02-06-2006, 06:46 AM
...............Superbowl? I don't know a single one of those guys. I could give a rip rip less who won or who lost. A nifty excuse to drink beer and eat pizza though, I suppose.

So lets see, the Steeler won, and that's going to make WHAT difference in a person's life?

Sorry, I just never could get into pro sports. Lots of people seem really excited by it though. Maybe I'm missing something but I doubt it.

.................Buckshot

StarMetal
02-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Buckshot,

Let's equate that to the Barrito shoots. Doesn't matter who wins, doesn't make that man any different from the other shooters. Just out there to have fun and eat barritos. No sense in even posting who won, who was second, etc hey? :kidding:

Joe

Gunload Master
02-06-2006, 03:54 PM
was i the only one that slept thought the half-time show ?

I thought the half-time show was terrible. It's great to see the Stones still up and performing for being rather Geriatric, but I think the half-time show get's plenty of Hype and should be something a little more special and entertaining..

StarMetal
02-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Willy,

I was telling my son the Stones came along when I was a teeny bopper and it's amazing that rock n roll is still going, along with the stones. I said I'll probably die before they retire and he said hell they'll probably die with you. I told him how fortunate he was that rock is still here,a because when I was a kid it was Pat Boone, Frank Sinatra, Tony Bendit, etc. yuck yuck yuck. Thank God Elvis come along to change that. Yeah Yeah I know, there's country western.....more yuck for me...sorry....this boy grew up in hard rock in Pittsburgh with the Stones, the Who, the Beatles, Yardbirds, the Animal, Steppenwolf, Creamn, Led Zeppen, etc.

Joe

grumble
02-06-2006, 05:49 PM
I channel hopped during the halftime show. Can't stand that cacaphony they call rock music. However, during the few seconds I looked at it to see if the 2nd half had started yet, I couldn't help but be impressed at how limber that 60-something Jagger could wiggle. Not many "seniors" can bend like that. I sure can't!

I do owe Jagger and those like him a debt, though. They put me off pop music and turned me to country. Much better music.

StarMetal
02-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Grumble,

Yeah it's amazing how agile Jagger is at his age. I don't know how those guys do it. I'd be winded and exhausted 1/2 way through the first song, if I even got that far.

Joe

KYCaster
02-06-2006, 07:34 PM
RIGHT ON BUCKSHOT!!!!! I thought i was the only one here that has no use for pro football.
The only thing worse than sitting through the Super Bowl, is sitting through the half time show.

Jerry

PS.....I think it might be worth watching if they'd let the linemen have brass knuckles and maces, and give the linebackers swords or tridents or something.

Scrounger
02-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I'll make that three. Years ago I was a Rams fan but a bad owner hiring bad coaches and bad players cured me. They're professionals, they don't care whether you live or die, or who even wins the game for that matter. Why should we care? Golf, bowl, shoot competition, whatever you want for the thrill. Enjoy the fact that everyone you play with is the same as you, an honest, committed amateur. :drinks:

StarMetal
02-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Art

You're probably right, but my relatives neighbor was Joe Namath and he's a hell of a nice guy. On the other had my high school football team use to play another team called Ringgold and it's out of the town of Monongahela, Pa. That's where Joe Montana is from. This town was about 8 miles from mine. Anyways after Joe hit the big times he was a real prick and acted like he was never from there. Namath was totally different. My mother in law knew Tony Dorsett and his mother. Said his mother was real sweet but Tony was hell bent on knocking all the white girls up he could. His name originally wasn't pronounced like how he said it Dor sett....it was the two sylables together real quick dorsett.

Joe

waksupi
02-06-2006, 10:11 PM
RIGHT ON BUCKSHOT!!!!! I thought i was the only one here that has no use for pro football.
The only thing worse than sitting through the Super Bowl, is sitting through the half time show.

Jerry

PS.....I think it might be worth watching if they'd let the linemen have brass knuckles and maces, and give the linebackers swords or tridents or something.

Add me to the crowd. If it doesn't have four legs and hair, and isn't being ridden, or shot, I don't watch it.

StarMetal
02-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Ric,

You mean like your hairy mammoth girlfriend?

Joe

waksupi
02-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Willy,

I was telling my son the Stones came along when I was a teeny bopper and it's amazing that rock n roll is still going, along with the stones. I said I'll probably die before they retire and he said hell they'll probably die with you. I told him how fortunate he was that rock is still here,a because when I was a kid it was Pat Boone, Frank Sinatra, Tony Bendit, etc. yuck yuck yuck. Thank God Elvis come along to change that. Yeah Yeah I know, there's country western.....more yuck for me...sorry....this boy grew up in hard rock in Pittsburgh with the Stones, the Who, the Beatles, Yardbirds, the Animal, Steppenwolf, Creamn, Led Zeppen, etc.

Joe

We had some Ted Nugent playing at work today. Our youngest guy, about 20, asked if I liked the Nuge. I told him I'd been listening to him for 30 years, since he was with the Amboy Dukes. I got a blank, glassy look. He thought he was new in the business.

Joe, the Woolly Mammoth only has two legs, but she is branching out. She entered herself in the big livestock show coming up in Denver. Figures she may make it in the angus class.

carpetman
02-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Starmetal---I always heard Joe Namath was from Beaver Falls,Pa.

StarMetal
02-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Carpetman,

Yup...actually a little town near Beaver Falls called New Brighton. My brother was visiting our cousin and he hadn't worn a coat and it got cold, so Joe let him wear his coat. The way he's on TV funny and humorous is kinda the way he is, real easy going. I saw him on the SuperBowl Sunday and boy, he's getting old...aren't we all.

Joe

Buckshot
02-08-2006, 04:25 AM
Buckshot,

Let's equate that to the Barrito shoots. Doesn't matter who wins, doesn't make that man any different from the other shooters. Just out there to have fun and eat barritos. No sense in even posting who won, who was second, etc hey? :kidding:

Joe

..............Joe the difference is I'M DOING IT. I'm not all excited about a bunch of guys I don't know, 'doing it'. I loved to play football (when I was a lot younger and had some wind) and softball. I was on a softball team 6 years ago and had a blast. I managed a senior girl's softball team 4 years running sometime back.

I just can't get into the hype and BS over pro sports. No doubt some of the players are great guys and several I believe fund charities from thier paychecks. I think it's fantastic that they do that. I'd sure rather watch the police softball team my daughter plays on (they're actually quit good) or the high school game right next door to my house.

I could also get into the political vein a bit about it, but won't. So far as I'm concerned it's bread and circuses.

................Buckshot

sundog
02-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Buckshot, so what you're saying is that you're not much of a pro spectator. Well, me neither. I didn't watch the game, was only mildly curious who won, but didn't bother looking until the next morning. The local stuff you participate in or have a family member in is much more interesting! sundog

wills
02-08-2006, 10:05 AM
The Steelers won the Super Bowl [smilie=p: I"m so happy. [smilie=p:

Joe

Who were they playing against?

wills
02-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Worst part of it is the TV networks and sports corporations expect the taxpayers to build the sports factories they use to make money!!!

felix
02-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Super Bowl? I don't think I have seen any allies out of the ordinary around here! Must only be in Detroit, and invented by Motown? Kinda' looks thataway on that piece of glass that shows colors over there in the corner sometimes. I lost interest when Kenny Stabler threw the interception pass at the tail end of the game in 1980's version. ... felix

carpetman
02-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Buckshot,when I read your first post,I thought you are not an athletic supporter. Then I read you managed a girls softball team and played some sports in the past. Maybe you are an athletic supporter.

carpetman
02-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Wills---Who were they playing against?http://www.patsfans.com/12th/2003/story/display_story.php?story_id=5891
This makes my day to be able to research something Wills couldn't find.