PDA

View Full Version : Star orders in the fast lane

cajun shooter
03-12-2009, 02:30 PM
I called and talked to Mary about ordering another Star so that I would have two set up for different lubes on the 5th of March. She told me that it would be at least 4 weeks maybe more when I ordered. She said that people who had never cast a bullet were calling and ordering the Stars and asking for casting help. I told her that was great for them but not the old customers. Well they have been working OT and my Star is shipping on Friday just 8 days instead of weeks. So put them orders in folks as they are doing a good job!!

jsizemore
03-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I GOT MINE TODAY! I talked to Mary on 2/17. She said it would be 10-14 days if I gave her the go ahead. I said 'YES'. Sent MO the next day. They shipped it out to me on 3/6 and I GOT IT TODAY. I wish they would say to turn the pressure screw upside down to remove the pressure assembly instead of 'reverse'. Had to trim an inch off the stick of BAC to get everything screwed back together but I was sizing and lubing boolits in no time.

Horsemen
03-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Order mine last week, and its on its way.

opentop
03-15-2009, 12:08 AM
I ordered one around 3-5 and havn't seen it hit my CC yet.

gldprimr
03-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Guess I'm one of those folks who haven't been casting before who ordered a Star. I have to say it came in more quickly than I expected it to.

Anyway, working on pulling all the pieces & parts together so I can get started rolling my own rather than buying already cast.

I'm sure that I'll have some questions to ask as time goes by. This looks like a great resource for getting answers.

Dale53
03-18-2009, 02:20 AM
opentop;
I expect you'll have yours before I get back home. I certainly hope so! I KNOW it will be put to good use.

Dale53

Agent Ronin
03-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Well im guilty of ordering a Star... Put my order in yesterday :)

Slowly getting everything together to make me own boolits :D

All i need now is molds, and sizing dies!

opentop
03-21-2009, 07:57 PM
I told her that was great for them but not the old customers. Well they have been working OT and my Star is shipping on Friday just 8 days instead of weeks.

I ordered mine March 4th and Mary told me two weeks. I called her back the other day and she informed me that it would be next week before it ships. I guess some wining and crying got mine bumped back so some one else could get theirs.

odoh
03-22-2009, 02:13 AM
I can't believe what I'm reading. When I called last week it was a 2mos wait w/27 ahead of me! When I challenged the quality thet the recent demand placed on the production, I was assured it wouldn't dimenish as they make them one at a time like Juan picking the Folger coffee beans for the last 40yrs. I wonder how ol' Juan is doing nowadays? Haven't heard anything 'bout him in many yrs.

cajun shooter
03-22-2009, 07:27 AM
Juan has probably went to picking beans in a different place now. I can't imagine a place called heaven without some good dark cajun coffee. Opentop, don't give up. Mary even called me and told me she was sending my parts order with my Star order so that I only paid shipping once. Everything was at my door as promised.