PDA

View Full Version : Custom 6 cavity 45 cal 350-375gr RIFLE bullet POLL

Buckshot
02-05-2006, 05:29 AM
....................The popular design appears to be that shwon in post #7 in the thread dealing with this boolit. The question here has to do with the GAS CHECK. You may vote ONCE ONLY!

gregg
02-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Don't Know? Almost like to have one of each???

Buckshot
02-12-2006, 05:47 AM
................I'm only showing 19 votes. I believe there was more then that interested?

....................Buckshot

gregg
02-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Buckshot got to thinking. I don't know but if a guy wanted a good hunting bullet with a GC for a lever gun could you beat a RCBS Cast bullet. I kind of think a Six
holer be a better target /hunting.

PatMarlin
02-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Interesting tidbit...

The RCBS 45-300-FN is exactly the same as my LBT .455 320 LFN. I bout fell over when I ordered the RCBS new and opened the cavity.

I thought, "hmmmmm this looks familiar", and I took the LBT boolit, and it dropped for a dead fit right in the RCBS cavity.

I mentioned that to Veral, and he said it was his design hands down, and claimed his designs have been "Lifted" before.

Is it any wonder why this line of RCBS molds work so well?.. or just an eerie coincidence?.. :mrgreen:

gregg
02-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Interesting tidbit...

The RCBS 45-300-FN is exactly the same as my LBT .455 320 LFN. I bout fell over when I ordered the RCBS new and opened the cavity.

I thought, "hmmmmm this looks familiar", and I took the LBT boolit, and it dropped for a dead fit right in the RCBS cavity.

I mentioned that to Veral, and he said it was his design hands down, and claimed his designs have been "Lifted" before.

Is it any wonder why this line of RCBS molds work so well?.. or just an eerie coincidence?.. :mrgreen:

Very Interesting. Thank you

Bodydoc447
02-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Looks like we have 24 GC compatible votes, 22 for the GC and two don't care just want the molds. Is that enough to start looking for a honcho?

Doc

Buckshot
02-25-2006, 01:28 AM
................I should ask my wife if she wants to honcho the thing 8).

................Buckshot

Ken O
03-12-2006, 08:10 PM
I'd be interested in this in a GC mold.

Buckshot
03-13-2006, 02:00 AM
..................All it'll take is someone to step up and honcho it. Due to recent postal increases and such, my suggestion would be a $57 to $58 subscription.

....................Buckshot

azshootercastlead
04-02-2006, 03:09 PM
I can't honcho it but I would really like one of these with gas check. Waiting for a volunteer.....

LIMPINGJ
04-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Since we did not get a group buy out of this poll could the current RD 460 (325? gr ) proposed buy for the 2 cavity molds take the place if we could get his design in a 6 cavity? I am much more impressed with the Lee 6 cavity molds over the 1 or 2 cavity Lee products. Just a thought I had on how we could get this buy going.
Jim

rvpilot76
04-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Just what I was thinking! I've been taking a hard look at the RCBS 405 grainer, but I don't like the fact that I get one cavity for the same price that I could get 6 with a Lee mold. Not only that, I've got 6 cavity Lee handles just waiting here. Perhaps a group buy on this?

Kevin

Buckshot got to thinking. I don't know but if a guy wanted a good hunting bullet with a GC for a lever gun could you beat a RCBS Cast bullet. I kind of think a Six
holer be a better target /hunting.

StarMetal
04-21-2006, 10:44 PM
That RCBS 405 grain bullet for the 45-70 is a darn fine bullet and it shoots really good. How could anyone possibly think that a six cavity mould would be a better target bullet then a single when with a single cavity you are shooting the same exact size and made bullet each time whereas with a six cavity you could possibly be dealing with six very different bullets dimensionally. It's near impossible to make six cavities exactly the same.

Joe

Buckshot
04-23-2006, 07:53 AM
That RCBS 405 grain bullet for the 45-70 is a darn fine bullet and it shoots really good. How could anyone possibly think that a six cavity mould would be a better target bullet then a single when with a single cavity you are shooting the same exact size and made bullet each time whereas with a six cavity you could possibly be dealing with six very different bullets dimensionally. It's near impossible to make six cavities exactly the same.

Joe

I don't think anyone could say it would make a better 'Target' bullet if your were talking very competative target shooting and you mean just picking the slugs out of a pile and loading them.

On the other hand, I also do not believe that a bullet used for hunting should just be pulled out of a pile. Lots at stake there. For general plinking and general target practice you produce a ton of shootable boolits.

For target shooting or hunting you do exactly the same as you'd do with the production from a 1 or 2 cavity mould. You scrutinize them and wiegh them and have them cast out of an appropriate alloy. It's just that with a 6 cavity your production capability allows you to cast hunting, target AND plinking boolits all at the same time :-)

My Mauser in 7.62x39 doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference in the Lee C312-155-2R's I'd cast in the 6 cavity group buy over those I'd previously cast from the single hole job. Of course I'm only shooting targets at 50 yards or the 200 meter gong.

................Buckshot

C1PNR
04-23-2006, 10:39 PM
BTW, where is the proposed design? Post #7 in this thread sure isn't it!

IIRC, I think there were a couple of designs suggested and I could probably go for either one, probably with the gas check (which we could have machined out of some cavities if we really wanted a plain base).

I'd just like a little lighter boolit so the steel butt doesn't hurt quite as much.[smilie=1:

zuke
04-24-2006, 06:49 PM
How does one get in on this buy?