PDA

View Full Version : hawdy all from Arkansas

bisley45
02-04-2006, 10:23 PM
been posting here for a bit but forgot to introduce myself
I like to hunt shoot and reload and leraning about casting boolits
I havent started casting yet but am geting ready just got to get some more stuff
I live in siloam springs Arkansas I am married and have two daughters one 8 and one 2

drinks
02-04-2006, 10:50 PM
I really believe Minnie Pearl did it, How DEEEEE!
Anyway, have fun here, just don't take it seriously, or you will go nuts and become a permanent resident here.

wills
02-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Welcome. Don't believe everything you read

onceabull
02-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Bisley45:Until you started posting all I knew about Siloam Springs is that is where the Allen's "East Texas Fair" brand of crowders is put up.. welcome, Onceabull

NVcurmudgeon
02-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Welcome, Bisley .45. It is an honor to have another member from Arkansas, home of Felix's World Famous Lube.

RugerFan
02-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Always good to have another...um...Ruger fan around! Pull up a chair and set a spell.

Frank46
02-05-2006, 01:46 AM
bisley45, welcome aboard, watch out for the sheep and cats. If you hang around here long enough you'll see what I mean. This is one place where the inmates do run the asylum. Great bunch of folks. Frank

Buckshot
02-05-2006, 04:41 AM
................Don't know nuthin about Siloam Springs, Arkansas. Mah pappy was from Weiner, Arkansas and it was a good place to be 'From'. Last time we went back for a visit while the grandparents still owned the farm, I guess I was about 14 or so. All I recall about Weiner was some big silo's and a store that sold everything (including firecrackers! 8)), and the parking area was paved in bottlecaps.

We went to visit an old farmer that my dad used to work for on occasion. He had sold his farm and was living very regally in a small single axle travel trailer by an irrigation pump in a small dense grove of oaks. I was impressed by 2 things. One was that his little trailer was pretty cramped with me and my 2 brothers, grandpa and dad in there. Secondly I seriously doubted if there had ever been more National Geographic magazines gathered together in one place in the entire world.

As we were driving away my dad said, "Now you boys know how a batchelor lives."

..................Buckshot

Scrounger
02-05-2006, 11:31 AM
:violin: :brokenima
bisley45, welcome aboard, watch out for the sheep and cats. If you hang around here long enough you'll see what I mean. This is one place where the inmates do run the asylum. Great bunch of folks. Frank

I feel I should explain CarpetMan'a affinity for cats and sheep. It's a carry over from his days in the Air Farce. He was stationed for a long time at a base in Scotland where they were evaluating the old theory that a cat always lands on its feet. His job was to launch the cats out the door of the C-47 at about 25,000 feet. They weren't able to make any determinations within their test parameters because the cats froze solid beford hitting the ground. They cratered in like a concrete practice bomb, shattering into a thousand little kittens (?). The next attempt was to launch them from the ground with spring powered catapaults; This method worked quite well as far as getting the cats into the air but the problem was if anyone had a gun around, the cat was busted like a low-house seven long before it hit the ground. One enterprising Colonel even made up a computer game of it ( http://www.richsalter.btinternet.co.uk/index.html ) without giving intellectual OR financial credit to the loyal hard-working sergeant who came up with the idea. Officers are the same everywhere... The sheep? Well, he was stationed in Scotland, there were very few town or women around, and a lot of sheep...