PDA

View Full Version : Powder and Primers...OH MY!

jdgabbard
03-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Well, went to the local Reloading supply store today. Matter of fact, just got back about 20 minutes ago. Good and bad news...

First off, more powder then one could want was there to be had. About 6 pounds of each was one the shelves ready to be bought. No matter if you wanted H110, Unique, Trailboss, ect. The only exception to this was Bullseye. Only one pound, which I lovingly snatched up.

Second was the primers, they didn't have an excess, thats for sure. Out of Large Pistol, and running low on both small and large rifle. However they had plenty of Small Pistol which is what I use. So I pick up a 1000 Wolf Small Pistol.

So the good news is that they still got components.

Now for the Bad news. Here is the prices:

Bullseye 1 lb - 16.62 + tax

Primers 1000pk - 23.15

Total 43.16 after tax. What ever happened to $10 a pound and 15 for primers....

Ole
03-11-2009, 05:29 PM
I paid $42 for the last 1000 primers I bought.

Consider yourself fortunate. :drinks:

Bladebu1
03-11-2009, 05:59 PM
I would be happy to find them small rifle or small pistol the last time I found some I got all they had all 1,200 primers I can not even find any for my ar the CCI 41's

RayinNH
03-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Ten dollar powder? Milsurp is that, what little is still available...Ray

Hickory
03-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Two things happened to effect the price of reloading componets.
1) The calender now says 2009.
2) The sock monkey now runs things.:(

jdgabbard
03-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Hickory, that ain't no lie! I know that there was some sarcasm in my post, but seriously prices have become stupid.

On a side note, I always hear of everyone going to their favorite reloading supply store only to hear them tell me that the shelves were empty. Its not the case here in oklahoma. Sure, prices have gone up a little, and good luck buying guns or ammo. But if you actually want to reload, there is plenty to be had.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that last part. Don't want my supply drying up now...

Gunslinger
03-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Oh you have no idea what we pay for all that shooting/reloading stuff after shipping. Brutal tax also for the shipping....

Powder has always been about $40 to $50
Primers .........30-35
Guns............ don't even get me started[smilie=6:

high standard 40
03-11-2009, 06:35 PM
I heard some news last night that I hope is NOT true. My reloading supplier said he has heard that Federal will stop selling primers to the public. I don't have an official confirmation on this so it may not be true. At this point I will consider it just a rumor. I would not be surprised if it were true though.

shickf3
03-11-2009, 06:36 PM
I heard people saying no primers on the shelf and I saw 1000 win primers on gunbroker.com that were at 52.00 so I called my local shop in north east pa and they had just about any primer I could want . federal 25.00 cci win 33.00 per 1000. I think people are trying to take advantage of all the new reloaders out there getting 52.00 dollard per 1000.

Sprue
03-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Whats the issue? Primers here are $32 +tax and Bullseye is $21.95 + tax IF you can find what you need. Course, Ummm , Uh, now whats that Boy Scout Motto again? :-D

Anyway, the shelves are rather bare around here, so if you're a last minute Christmas shopper your luck is running thin.

Now, if you want a real chuckle go and do a "Primer" search on gunbroker

shickf3
03-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Ihave no problem getting primers and powder at a decent rate. but do you think I could find a tire shop locally getting rid of old wheel weights not a chance.

trevj
03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I keep hearing about all the guys that claim to be stocking up to "be prepared" for whatever may come, and can't help but think that it is the doom and gloom that is driving this.

At least the stuff does not go bad on the shelf (for the most part). I figure the stuff that guys are stocking up on now, is going to be trickling out to the gunshows over the next few dozen years. Mostly from the panic buyers, that are stocking up on stuff they have no need for or use for, but figure that since it's the last one there on the shelf... Yeesh.

Read a post on one forum where a guy was professing to be near the bottom of the pile of primers he stocked up on in 1979, when a lot of the same rumors were running rampant, without the benefit of an internet to check facts on, prior to passing on the "knowledge".

Cheers
Trev

Sprue
03-11-2009, 07:56 PM
I keep hearing about all the guys that claim to be stocking up to "be prepared" for whatever may come, and can't help but think that it is the doom and gloom that is driving this.

At least the stuff does not go bad on the shelf (for the most part). I figure the stuff that guys are stocking up on now, is going to be trickling out to the gunshows over the next few dozen years. Mostly from the panic buyers, that are stocking up on stuff they have no need for or use for, but figure that since it's the last one there on the shelf... Yeesh.

Read a post on one forum where a guy was professing to be near the bottom of the pile of primers he stocked up on in 1979, when a lot of the same rumors were running rampant, without the benefit of an internet to check facts on, prior to passing on the "knowledge".

Cheers
Trev

Some of us just want to shoot - a lot. And by being "prepared", I for one will be able to shoot as much and as often as I want. No panic here.

......don't count on it, the only time you'll find my surplus components at the flea market will be the day after my number has been called. Until then you will find me at the range.

jhrosier
03-11-2009, 08:22 PM

Cheers
Trev

Me too! I've got two thousand Federal LP that I bought back then, started with 25K, found 5K buried under some boxes last summer.:-D
The good thing back then was that news and rumors traveled slower, so those who were inclined to stock up had a couple of months to work on it.
I started stocking up again about a year ago, first when I could afford to, and more recently when I find anything at a nearly sane price.
The gun show coming this weekend will tell "The rest of the story" as to whether there is anything left in the supply pipeline.

Jack

remy3424
03-11-2009, 11:26 PM
I bought the last brick of Fed LR primers from my local guy for $25 and a brick of CCI SP primers for $26 last week. Looked in Sioux Falls a couple weeks ago and no primers (maybe Mags) to be found. Did snag a keg of Varget for $139 and H322 for $149. Sioux City Scheels had no primers to speak of. Gun show is coming in a month, don't expect to find any there.

jdgabbard
03-11-2009, 11:31 PM
On a side note, I was also running low on Alloy. Went to dinner with my father this evening. He informed me he spoke to one of my friends that owns a tire shop this afternoon at the local "Big Box Mart" and was informed that the good fellow had two five gallon buckets waiting for me to pick up at my "leisure."

Thats why I tell you the good 'ole Alloy Fairy is good. For you will always aquire just in time ;)

jh45gun
03-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Think about it 6 pounds each of every powder on stock is not much our local gunshop would sell that out in one good day.

mtgrs737
03-12-2009, 12:14 AM
I have several 1000 count boxes of CCI primmers marked with the price I paid a few years ago of $5.75 on them, well maybe more than just a few years ago.

jdgabbard
03-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Your right, but thats is just what they had on the shelf. They have a storage room too.

EDK
03-12-2009, 02:39 AM
If you can find the primers you prefer under $30 a thousand, get out the plastic. Local shop usually has lots of Winchester...no LP, no LR or SP. He had SP magnum and LR magnum. And WOLF LP in limited amounts. $26 to $30 per thousand.

Powder was singles at $20+; some 4 pound and 8 pound at GRAFS prices. I bought an 8 pounder of HP38 for my pistols and 8 pounds of H335.

Gun show in Belleville IL this weekend. I'm going to look...with a list...but I'm in halfway decent shape. I want to try RED DOT/PROMO for plinking loads in my 30/30 and some low end 357 and 44 pistols.

This will probably all blow over in time, but it could take awhile. AND maybe it won't. I use about 1000 pistol and 200 rifle primers a month. Looking at my 401K tells me my crystal ball ain't worth a damn!

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

jh45gun
03-12-2009, 03:06 AM
OK the way you described it it sounded like that was all they had.

over the hill gang
03-12-2009, 03:29 AM
I heard some news last night that I hope is NOT true. My reloading supplier said he has heard that Federal will stop selling primers to the public. I don't have an official confirmation on this so it may not be true. At this point I will consider it just a rumor. I would not be surprised if it were true though.

I heard the same thing on Monday only twist to it is I heard CCI, Winchester and Federal will quit selling to the general public as of APril 1st 2009 until all military and commercial accounts have been filled. I also know after talking with the owners of master cast bullet co. here in Pa. they have stopped taking orders until they are able to fill all of their back orders to their customers. they are having the same problem getting casings, primers and some bullets.

Down South
03-12-2009, 06:58 AM
I keep a close eye on some of the online places. I see Primers come and go. Mostly primer stock is low or non-existant with some powder stortages.

I do think that primer companies not selling to the public is pure rumor.

high standard 40
03-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I do think that primer companies not selling to the public is pure rumor.

Before you discount the idea of Federal discontinuing primers sales on the consumer level remember that they have done it before. They also once sold brass and no longer do. The surge in consumer buying has hampered their ability to fulfill government contracts and they will do what it takes to keep our troops equipped.

bbs70
03-12-2009, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=EDK;518629]
Gun show in Belleville IL this weekend. I'm going to look...with a list...but I'm in halfway decent shape. I want to try RED DOT/PROMO for plinking loads in my 30/30 and some low end 357 and 44 pistols. [QUOTE]

I am also going to the Belleville gun show this weekend.
I went around noon on Saturday at the last show, and the place was packed.
Think I'm going to show up early and get my pound or two of powder and some primers before they are all gone.
Prices were reasonable I thought, I paid $16 for a pound of Unique and I saw ww primers for #30 per 1k.
Hope they didn't raise prices.

Texasflyboy
03-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Before you discount the idea of Federal discontinuing primers sales on the consumer level remember that they have done it before. They also once sold brass and no longer do. The surge in consumer buying has hampered their ability to fulfill government contracts and they will do what it takes to keep our troops equipped.

ATK is not stopping consumer sales to the public. Period. Anyone who has a link to a press release by the parent of Federal (Alliant Technologies) needs to post it with the claim.

I know folks in ATK. Because my company has a contract with them right now.

I just got off the phone with their Marketing & Communications V.P. The rumor is just that, a rumor.

22% of ATK's 2008 revenue is from commercial/consumer sales. Not likely at all to abandon that amount of sales in this environment. Dan the CEO stated in the last earnings call that they are planning to increase their investment in the consumer side because of the expected dip in US gov't and other sales.

No truth to that rumor at all.

JW6108
03-12-2009, 10:48 AM

Looks like they still sell .38, .40 and .45 primed.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/25392/catid/5/Federal_new_primed_Brass__1000_pieces

NVcurmudgeon
03-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Over the last couple of months I have managed to replenish my "comfort level" of primers and jacketed bullets, and even a bit extra. I also picked up an extra pound of IMR 4227 for the Hornet. The rest of the powders I keep were already at an adequate level. I have brought this off by being unwontedly flexible. Reno has the same bare shelf disease that many of you are reporting, but I was able to pick up some of my J bullets and a couple thousand federal SR primers by going to Reno's most expensive and well-stocked dealer. For the first time I bought primers at $35/1000 and .22 Hornady bullets at $26/100. More J bullets and primers came my way by driving a few miles to check out dealers in smaller towns. Again, prices were a little higher, but certainly not outrageous. I'm old enough to remember primers at $10/1000, powder at $5/pound, and .30 cal J bullets at $5/100, so increased prices are not exactly a shock to me.
This "scarcity" will pass away just as many others have in the last fifty years.

Federal? When I started handloading in 1959 Federal made ONLY .22RF ammo and it had a reputation for inaccuracy. So if Federal goes away, it's only the ebb and flow of the tides of business. Winchester and Remington would sell primers at retail, but they were hard to find, because of W and R's grudging acceptance of handloading. Winchester primers came in wooden trays inside the white cardboard sleeve, and you could still find rounded profile primers, and cupped priming punches were still available. Gradually, Federal got into the component and centerfire business and became one of the "Big Three." CCI was the primer brand I cut my teeth on, and that inspired a lifelong loyalty. There were Du Pont (IMR) and Hercules (Alliant) powders ONLY, though some upstart named Hodgdon sold surplus 4895 and 4831 and a few small-lot oddballs such as 4676. The French say, "the more things change, the more they remain the same." I never found a reason to disagree.

dirtdobbertwo
03-12-2009, 12:49 PM
2) The sock monkey now runs things.

now thats funny right there i dont care what you say....
my mother used to make them sock monkeys.... you brought back memories. and i have a new handle for mr. pres. might send one to rush lembaugh

DrBill33
03-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Spent 2 days (with a friend) visiting major and minor gun shops in Central Ohio.
1: After 2 days, I had 700 Large Pistol Primers ... other than some available shotgun primers, this cleaned-out the stores!
2: Found 8# of Unique ... grabbed it up. Otherwise, nearly bare shelves.

As for Primers: Prices ranged from 29.99 to 33.95 ... but none were available.

Have now spent a lot of time on web searching for primers for our club's members (being retired allows for this amount of time!). Found only 1 place that said that they have any! So far, no response to my e-mails ... and they have placed their telephone upon auto-reply, they say that this is due to the heavy traffic so they are not accepting calls.

My local dealer orders 25,000 each of Small and Large Pistol each week. IF LUCKY, he gets 2 to 4 thousand total!

As I said: If you have found Primers and Powder, you are lucky!

Doc

high standard 40
03-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Dan the CEO stated in the last earnings call that they are planning to increase their investment in the consumer side because of the expected dip in US gov't and other sales.

That would be good news indeed. I have missed being able to purchase Federal brass. I'd like to see them again marketing a good selection of the popular calibers. I had seen a few weeks ago that Dillon was selling a limited few Federal primed cases but it has been a while since any real selection has been on the market. As I said, what I heard I was hoping was just a rumor but it came from a major wholesale distributor.

Hardcast416taylor
03-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Called Hodgon about Varget powder. They don`t have any until their next shipment(?) from Australia (!) comes in.:(:(Robert

jdgabbard
03-12-2009, 08:01 PM
but it came from a major wholesale distributor.

In my short experience I have had more problems with those guys spreading rumors then others. I had one tell me that there was a recall on all PSLs because the BATFE had determined that they were ALL machine guns. I promtly looked up this info on the web, and it turn out only to be a select group of serial numbers from a select importer. Mine was not a member of that elite club.

Don't believe everything you hear, but do be prepared for the worst. :drinks:

shooterg
03-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Just opened my last "old' box of CCI Small Pistol primers. They marked $13.30 (1000). Fortunately, I bought several 5000 count boxes of other brands too, back in the "good ole days" ! Someday we'll think this is the good ole days, I expect. Last 3 shows I went to here in Virginia were really light on reloading stuff. Local dealer seems to get a trickle of primers(now $3.50/100 or so), enough for the "regular" reloaders, but no quantities of powder at all.

Gee_Wizz01
03-12-2009, 08:32 PM
I have several 1000 count boxes of CCI primmers marked with the price I paid a few years ago of $5.75 on them, well maybe more than just a few years ago.Maybe 40 years ago? That beats my Rem Large pistol primers with $6.75 sticker from 1972. These Remmy primers shoot as good as they did in 1972 (which is more than I can say for myself)

G

blackthorn
03-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Here is a cynical thought from an OLD Canadian who only has a dog in this fight by association due to the "trickle-down" effect:
The democrats had so much success selling the sheeple on Al Gore as "Chicken Little", that now they are trying to sell Obama as God!
All the magazine rags seem to have headlines to that effect, such as "Can Obama save the world" and so on. Even the first lady gets into the act with "the woman the worlds been waiting for" (or some such nonsense).
Having said all that it doesent hurt to be prepared to the extent of putting some critical stuff aside if you can.

swheeler
03-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Things looked pretty grim around here for a couple weeks, you couldn't buy a LR primer in this town. I stopped in to one of the locals yesterday and he just got his primer shipment in, 60 sleeves(300K) all the powder you could want and a fair supply of brass. Looks like all the supplies will start showing up again.

Slow Elk 45/70
03-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Good if the slow boat made it to Montana, there is still hope it may show here in AK, maybe next month?!! Supplies are in realy short supply up here..

watkibe
03-13-2009, 11:07 PM
I have been trying to stock up on components like everyone else, for the same reasons. Well, I think it's the same reasons: I would rather have guns and no money than money and no guns ! Powder has been available, but yes, expensive. Primers, on the other hand, have been expensive and dang hard to find (except for 209s...). I did find large rifle, but pistol primers were backordered with all the online suppliers, and the shelves are empty locally. But, GOOD NEWS seems to be (at least temporarily) in the offing. I just got an email from Cabela's telling me that they have shipped my backordered CCI small pistol and large pistol mag primers to me. They are still waiting for small pistol mag and large pistol, but they now have a firm delivery date. Yeehaw ! Of course, if everyone who reads this orders primers from Cabela's right away, they will be out of stock again...but at least I will have mine. :-)

lead slead
03-13-2009, 11:18 PM
I am finding my local shops have plenty of 209 shot shell primers but 0 small pistol, 0 SR and just a few LR primers. Powder was was starting to grow short.

thenaaks
03-15-2009, 12:16 AM
check this out...$150 for 1000 wolf primers. the last 1k i bought was 19 bucks

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124757848

hammerhead357
03-15-2009, 12:51 AM
jdgabbard, I don't know where you are in Oklahoma but what about the Outdoor America Store in OKC. I haven't been there in years but they used to stock everything for a reloader that I ever wanted and at a pretty good price. Has that changed?
Now I wouldn't try to sell them a firearm or trade with them on one but for reloading supplies they used to be great.
I just wish we had someplace around San Antonio that had those same kinds of prices. Around here the cheapest place is Sportsmans Warehouse and they don't have any stock and I hear they may be going out of business....Wes

odoh
03-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Sure begs the question is it a 'case' of 10 bricks or a brick of 1000?

swheeler
03-15-2009, 01:29 AM
check this out...$150 for 1000 wolf primers. the last 1k i bought was 19 bucks

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124757848

Yes gouging- greed. These were bought just weeks ago, the wolf SR and SP were under 18.00/K, wolf 209 were under 24.00/k and cci LR were under 24.00/k

rhead
03-15-2009, 06:24 AM

10 flats = 1 carton (brick)

5 cartons =1 sleeve

10 sleeves = 1 case

RayinNH
03-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Went to a gun shop today. Primers were kinda scarce, small pistol only and the usual shotgun. Plenty of powder though. I walked out with a pound of Unique for $15.95...Ray

watkibe
04-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Dang, I wish I had the foresight to be one of those dadblamed hoarders a few months back !

mike in co
04-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Yes gouging- greed. These were bought just weeks ago, the wolf SR and SP were under 18.00/K, wolf 209 were under 24.00/k and cci LR were under 24.00/k

where and do they have more ???

azrednek
04-11-2009, 02:46 AM

Printing in the picture on the box says 1,000 primers. I think the auction is a trick to drive prices up. Look at the auction again. The reserve price was not met. The seller likely had one of his friends bid it up to 150.

ddeaton
04-11-2009, 08:05 AM
$25 bucks a K for primers was the norm around here before all the hype started. Bullseye was $18-19 bucks a lb unless you bought a 8lb jug. Those prices are not that bad for the small quantity you got.

archmaker
04-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Same story hear in north Houston :(

I swing by Gander Mountain, as it is on the right side of the road to get to and get away from on my way home.

Back in late January their powder bins had one 4# of 700x, went in this week and their powder bin had more variety and more powder.

Still no 45ACP, or primers however. :(

testhop
04-11-2009, 09:03 AM
i guess you would callme a hoarder.
but i started years ago i have a can of 4198with a price tag of $1.50 yep one fifty still with the seal unbroken.
the last primers i bought i payed 10.00 a thousand (i bought 30 thousand).ran a inveroy
checkand i think i will have enought to last my lifetime.
powder i have to much of some not enough of some .i have started to become thghter with my supplys i now pick up gas checks and primers that i spill.
and i have primers that are over 40 years old i have been not useing but if push to shove i can as i have tried some and thay went bang.
brings up a though what is the oldest powder and primers you have?

watkibe
04-30-2009, 01:13 AM
I ordered 1000 each of CCI LR, LP, LPM, SP and SPM from Cabela's in February. The LPM and SP shipped right away, yesterday I got the SPM, and today I got an email that they are shipping the LP. By letting them go to backorder and waiting, I got them all, and for $29.99/1000. I know, they used to be cheaper, but so was everything else. At least I have them now, and I didn't panic and get scalped on GunBroker. The Cabela's website never showed the primers coming into stock: the whole order was already sold, they shipped it all on backorders. If there is a lesson here, it's this: get your order in and be patient.

AZ-Stew
04-30-2009, 01:39 AM
watkibe,

Did they charge you hazmat for each shipment?

Regards,

Stew

legend
04-30-2009, 03:34 AM
i would LOVE to find primers and powder at the price you payed,
we are about 28.00 a lb for powders,and 39.00 a thousand for primers

jdgabbard
04-30-2009, 04:34 AM
The funny thing is, that since that time, the only difference in price I have noticed is on primers. I must pay $32 a 1000 now. And the reason is that they stopped carrying Wolf. So now I must buy CCI, Federal or Winchester. $32 is what they were charging before they stopped carrying wolf. Although now they have a limit on 1000 of each kind per customer per visit. So you could buy 6000 primers including the mil spec without them giving you hassel.

This and not to mention that I keep a couple of favors in my back pocket from the guys that work there. So every once in a while when I "REALLY" need something, they take care of me.

Btw, powder is still the same price. I think I'll be buying some more 2400, H110 and some small magnum primers this coming week. I am getting a bit short on that....

qajaq59
04-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Went to the local shop yesterday to pick up my powder. They siad they'd call when it came in and they did. Now I have both powder and primes. Unfortunately it has been so long a wait that I fotget how to load them. :)

Tom Herman
04-30-2009, 08:39 AM
One of the local shops has been slowly getting more powder in. One large shelf is entirely full, with at least ten types of powder (still no Unique!), and i spotted a brick of Federal Small Pistol primers.
That was the first time in many months I've seen any primers! I needed them, so they followed me home.
I'm happy to have them, but less than pleased at the $60/M price. That's DOUBLE what I paid the last time I bought primers.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

mike in co
04-30-2009, 10:18 AM
I ordered 1000 each of CCI LP, LPM, SP and SPM from Cabela's in February. The LPM and SP shipped right away, yesterday I got the SPM, and today I got an email that they are shipping the LP. By letting them go to backorder and waiting, I got them all, and for $29.99/1000. I know, they used to be cheaper, but so was everything else. At least I have them now, and I didn't panic and get scalped on GunBroker. The Cabela's website never showed the primers coming into stock: the whole order was already sold, they shipped it all on backorders. If there is a lesson here, it's this: get your order in and be patient.

lets see 4k of primers at 29.99 is 119.96
3x shipping est $10 is $30
3x hazmat of 22.50 is $67.50

is $54.36 per k........from a store.......

not that far from the $40-65 at the gun show, tho not close to the $80 sr....

jdgabbard
04-30-2009, 10:30 AM
You don't need the shipping and hazmat three times....if they'd ship all at once you could combine all that.

Hang Fire
04-30-2009, 02:57 PM
One thing that is a bit disturbing to me, American made powder is getting to be an endangered species.

Nate1778
05-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Bought 1000 WMLR for $25 and CCi 209 $35 yesterday, powder was limited though.

Clerk said there was a few things causing the problems, but the last conference he went to said the majority of the issue is the Manufacturers are trying to fill government contracts. He said Federal was backed up to mid 2010. The rep from Federal said they only had one machine dedicated to .223 for the public. All other equiptment was working on the government order.

He said he hadn't scene SRP in 6 months and probably wouldn't for quite some time. Said it was a bad time to buy a .223.

watkibe
05-04-2009, 08:16 PM
No, Mike, they didn't ! Only one $20 hazmat fee for all the shipments and only a $5 shipping fee for each shipment. Cabela's usually isn't the cheapest, but their flexibility and willingness to please the customer often is enough to get my orders. So 5 times 29.99 = $149.95; 6 shipments times $5 = $30; and the $20 hazmat fee equals $199.95, which divided by 5 thousand primers equals $39.99 per thousand. Not too bad, IMHO, considering that I HAVE them in the second hundred days of the new federal administration, no ?

blaser.306
05-04-2009, 10:19 PM
hello gents I am new to the site and thanks for having me along , I hate to be the guy saying if you think youv'e got it bad well anyway that's me . The last small rifle primers that I even heard about herwe in Saskatoon was a 20 000 lot that was bought up by a u/s citizen that was here waterfowl hunting last september, there has been rumours of a few around for $70.00 or $80.00 per 1000 but if your not the first guy in line your out of luck , and powder if you can find it is $50.00 per lb with taxes . So in short enjoy the limited suply that Is available to you and try to leave some stock to be shipped north of the border . thanks from all the shooters here in Canada!!!

wdr2
05-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Last weekend primers in Boise were $6 per hundred with a limit purchase of 200 total (unless you bought a gun)!

Irascible
05-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Having an FFL, I can deal with Black Hills Shooters Supply. They usually have everything. I placed a $600 order last week for primers and powder. ALL back ordered. Powder 12 - 16 weeks primers "probably by the end of fall". Brass was available though. I wonder for how long?

jdgabbard
05-06-2009, 03:05 PM
UPDATE

Alright guys. I just went down to the local supply store to pick some things up.

1 lbs - 2400 = $18.54
1 lbs - H110 = $21.91
1 lbs - 4227 = $22.00
Federal Small Pistol Mag Match Primers = $3.80 a 100 or $38.00 a 1000.

Only problem...the one blister pack I picked up was the one blister pack of primers the store had!!!!!!

I talked to my buddy, and he said they hadn't received a single primer on the last three shipments from their supplier. Not a single one. Now I'm kinda glad I picked up that flat of Winchester primers when I had a chance...

bushytail man
05-06-2009, 11:16 PM
AM i LUCKY!!!!

I Went into a local Bass Pro Shop today and asked about pistol primers. The clerk checked the supply room and produced a full 1,000 carton of Win. large primers. I asked if they had small pistol primers and he produced another full carton of 1,000Win. small pistol primers.
I bought both cartons. It was all they had, they just got it in yesterday. I paid $ 30 per carton. Glad to get it!

wdr2
05-06-2009, 11:47 PM
I saw SR primers under consignment yesterday at a local gun shop for $10 per hundred!