PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Need values and interest on these OLD gun manuals, Reloading equip manuals,etc.

mikenbarb
03-10-2009, 10:55 PM
I have a bunch of these booklets, owners manuals and price lists and im wondering if anyone would know what these would be valued at and what collectors interest their would be for these. Their all factory original and most are in 100% condition that were stored safely for many many years. Most are from the 40's and 50's but a couple are newer. Thanks in advance and any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated on their value or who may know. This is only partial of what I have but figured these were the best to show what type of stuff I have. The Ideal reloading tool price lists are from 1943 & 1944 and the Belding & Mull price list is 1942 and the Potter is 1941. If you need better pics just let me know and I will do my best to get some more posted. I hope this is the right spot for this post. Thanks, Mike
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/mikenbarbj/004-29.jpg

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/mikenbarbj/005-21.jpg

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/mikenbarbj/003-34.jpg
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/mikenbarbj/001-36.jpg
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/mikenbarbj/002-35.jpg

Buckshot
03-11-2009, 01:20 AM
................I think you'd have to be a student of this kind of thing in order to give realistic advice that meant anything. A lot of old reloading stuff has value only as ornamental objects d'art :-) for the reloading room or den. I do hope you get some meaningfull info here however.

..............Buckshot

Reloader06
03-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Perhaps scan are in order incase Wiljen ever wants to update RR.

Matt

Bret4207
03-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Obviously a check on closed auctions on Ebay will give you an idea. Now whether those prices paid there are what you feel they are worth is something else again. As we all know, Ebay isn't "real" and you can;t tell who is really bidding and who has a friend upping the price. But, it's a start.

BTW- They look really nice, well kept. Good on you. Keep 'em for 10 years, they'll be worth more.

mikenbarb
03-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Matt, I dont have a scanner to scan them but if wiljen wants copies he can shoot me a pm with his info and I will send copies out to him because its a shame to see this stuff sitting when the info could be used by whoever needs it. There is a bunch of B&M and Ideal books, price lists and some powder measure conversion charts for B&M, Ideal and Bond along with numerous other booklets and owners manuals. I even have original operating instructions for the old Pacific 940 C press, Ideal hand tools and lube press. I have large boxfull of this old literature and manuals that most are preserved like new still and would love to find out what its collectors interest is because I know some of it is real rare and almost impossible to find. I dont want to part with them but im definatly willing to make copies if anyone can post them here to share.

WickedGoodOutdoors
03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Mike:

Scan them and print them out on high quality Matte Paper. Then make a wood coffee table, searving trays, Gun racks, lamps etc and use the old Ads to decorate the woodwork. Varnish over it.

Add some brass bulletts, shotgun shells etc... to get the woodsy feel.

I bet you could sell them to Resturaunts, Hotels, etc...

Just take one look act that Country Breakfast resturaunt that is in just about every city and youll get the idea what kind of crap they sell to tourists.

If you dont have a good scanner? (I have two fairly good ones) Send them up to me and Ill scan them all for you ( and send them back to you of course) in exchange for some of that .44 mag brass that your sitting on.

oldtoolsniper
03-11-2009, 02:02 PM
I know they post scans of this type of stuff over at the antique reloading tool site. Staples or kinko's can scan them and make them into pdf files.

oldtoolsniper
03-11-2009, 02:09 PM
One more thing to consider, back when those were made there was no internet. Publications back then pointed out everything you needed to know when deciding to purchase a product. Catalogs and pamphlets today show a picture a line of text and refer you to their website. I have a pile of old gun store catalogs and each description is a wealth of knowledge on how a given product works and performs. Take a look at an old Herter’s catalog and you have a virtual owner’s manual for their gear.

Relodah OO
04-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Mike - I don't know the values, but it would seem the labor intensive route of selling them separately would beat the convenient mass deal.

Few people would go for them all unless it was a steal, but I believe there could be special interest in individual items for various reasons.

That said - and for example, if you arrive at an asking price for the Belding & Mull lot, I'd like to know it.

Meanwhile, would it be asking too much for you to PM me with a listing of the B & M material for advance consideration? Thanks and I wish you well in the exercise!!