PDA

View Full Version : KMart ammo and gun sales?

madcaster
03-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Stopped in at the Abingdon,VA store yesterday,NO .22 ammo,and NO GUNS on display.
There was some shotgun shells,and .300 mags.
I bought some 12 guage #6 shot squirrel loads,since I use rifle for big game.
What is the situation at other KMarts across the country?
Thanks,
Jeff

ktw
03-08-2009, 04:10 PM
I was in one yesterday. Guns were gone. The gun rack had been replaced by shelving that held ammo, all Winchester. There was a lot more ammo than they used to carry.

-ktw

mooman76
03-08-2009, 04:14 PM
I was under the impession they quit selling guns several years ago. Maybe it depends on the area but they did quit selling pistol ammo under pressure from Rosie and her dominion who wanted them to quit selling gun stuff all together!

buck1
03-08-2009, 04:26 PM
I havent been in one since they went anti gun.

arcticbreeze
03-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Here in my area Kmart hasn't sold guns in years.

bart55
03-08-2009, 04:53 PM
most of the Kmarts in this area got rid of the shooting sstuff this past fall . Pretty much sold it off real cheap to get rid of it , my buddys wife works there and he emptyed two kmarts of shotgun ammo and 22 ammo for next to a song .

Blammer
03-08-2009, 05:23 PM
the Kmarts around here are rat holes, I don't go in them for anything.

jhrosier
03-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Kmart refused to sell guns or ammo to law-abiding US citizens on 9-11, when we had every reason to assume that we were under attack.

I have not darkened their doorstep since, and never will.

Jack

corvette8n
03-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Only a couple of Kmarts left in my area, only one sells some ammo. Neither sell guns. I did manage to score about 100 boxes of .22 shorts @ .20 cents a box when a KM closed its doors a few years ago.

BPCR Bill
03-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Never seen a Kmart with firearms, even in Montana. Wal-mart here in Oregon got out of the gun buisness, but they do have some ammo, shotgun and 22. Never cared for Kmart that much anyway.

Firebricker
03-08-2009, 08:20 PM
If the big department stores quit selling guns at least the smaller dealers will get a boost in sales. You would think K-mart would sell anything they could for profit no wonder you see them sitting empty all the time.

Shiloh
03-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Kmart refused to sell guns or ammo to law-abiding US citizens on 9-11, when we had every reason to assume that we were under attack.

I have not darkened their doorstep since, and never will.

Jack

Neither will I.

Shiloh

RP
03-08-2009, 09:35 PM
If iam thinking right Kmart is now owned by Sears. Both my parents worked for Kmart when they first opened in this area were nice store and carried guns and ammo good amount of it but in the last years they have gone way down like DJ said rat holes.

clodhopper
03-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Kmart, several years ago crossed out share holder value during a bankruptcy. A couple years after that they had enough money to buy sears. Then they renamed themselves sears holdings. I lost 500 shares and will not forget, or shop there.
I certanly will return my crafstman tools for warrenty.

RBak
03-08-2009, 10:02 PM
If iam thinking right Kmart is now owned by Sears. Both my parents worked for Kmart when they first opened in this area were nice store and carried guns and ammo good amount of it but in the last years they have gone way down like DJ said rat holes.

Ricky P, I was recently informed by a K-Mart Manager that it is the other way around....K-Mart now owns SEARS, and has for the past five years!

Boy! Was I ever surprised to hear that! :???:

Anyway, the store where this happened was in Olympia, WA and they still had guns, and an unusual large amount of ammo at real good prices.
I contributed the large amount of ammo to the sale they were having, but from the sound of this thread, it may have been because they had just emptied several other stores....I dunnno.

Russ...

Ricochet
03-10-2009, 07:49 AM
I don't often go in the Bristol, TN K-Mart, but I think they quit carrying firearms at least 5 years ago. They never had anything worth buying at a decent price, or anyone who knew anything about it. I've dropped in their on occasion looking for blackpowder shooting supplies, targets, stuff like that when I was in a hurry. Very poor selection, and nobody who knew anything.

Abingdon is of course a pit of liberals.

captaint
03-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I haven't been a Kmart in years, since the Rosey thing. Won't go in Wally's either. These stores have putting little honest guys out of business for a long time. What are we going to do when all of the real gun guys are unable to make a buck? I enjoy the real guys company anyway.

JW6108
03-10-2009, 08:40 PM
the Kmarts around here are rat holes, I don't go in them for anything.

Same way here; I don't know what clientele they are catering to, but it ain't me.