PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant Casarole

Lead Miner
03-08-2009, 03:53 PM
This is quick and easy and makes a little meat go a long way. First debone the Pheasant and cut into1/2 inch cubes. 2 Pheasants. In a frying pan add a little bit of Olive oil and brown the Pheasant cubes with a dash of salt and pepper. Set meat aside. Then take 2 bags of flavored tater tots and put them in a deep stovetop pan. Add water just enough to cover the tater tots and bring them to a boil. Yes I said boil the tater tots. Stir as you boil and the tater tots will break up into small pieces. I use onion flavored tater tots. Boil and stir untill water thickens. Place the tater tots and the browned Pheasant in a large casarole pan, stir together and add 2 cans of cream of chicken soup. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Enjoy.

Every bite will taste like Pheasant as the flavor will flow throughout the tatertots.

To really add flavor Smoke the pheasant instead of browning it. Do not overcook the Pheasant.

gon2shoot
03-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Well, thats a new one for me, but it sounds worth a try.

Triggerhappy
03-08-2009, 10:40 PM
I may try this with some wild turkey I have in the freezer. I have some turkey breasts I saved from last year. Sounds great.