PDA

View Full Version : Some People!!!

jimkim
03-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Are just too dang lucky. I had to share this. He found a free Star sizer as well.

Cost me $0.50 a piece... they were a little rusty on the outside, but were stored with lead on the inside.
Both moulds were made by Hensley-Gibbs from San Diego CA. Both moulds are .359
One was a Standard 148gr solid base wadcutter 4 boolit mould, and the one below in the picture cast out as a
http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,41220.0/topicseen.html

jnovotny
03-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Man I guess!! Why can't I ever fall into a deal like that? Well the sun has to shine on a dogs butt someday.

buck1
03-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Always a brides maid , never the bride! LOL!!

duckndawg
03-08-2009, 02:05 PM
novotny the sun has shown on your backside lately and you know it!!!

Flash
03-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Shucks, a friend and i answered an ad for reloading supplies a couple years back and the ad read, "Dealer's stock your tables". The guy wanted $400 for it all and we took $480 with us. When we got there, we couldn't believe our eyes. It was close to 1,000 lbs of brass, bullets, dies, tools, lubes, sprays, moulds, holsters, cleaning kits, spotting scopes, etc. It took us 6 months to sell most of it on ebay, before their ban, and we each kept more than we'd ever use in a lifetime. Not to mention, pocketing over two grand a piece. He was just glad to get rid of the stuff and we emptied out wallets for him. We even offered to send him more money but he wouldn't have it. I would have loved to see the guns he shot the stuff in.

snaggdit
03-08-2009, 11:19 PM
I got a pretty good deal when I bought my reloading stuff. I had been wanting to start reloading for some time, but the initial cost gave me pause. I struck up a conversation with a guy at a new church we were attending, and mentioned I was probably going to need to look for a lefty deer rifle for my son, since he was 12 and just finished hunter safety. He said he had that disease, too. Then he said maybe I wanted to buy a 25-06 he that was a lefty. I said i might be interested. We talked more and he said he used to reload but hasn't in 6 years or more. Asked if I might be interested in buying his reloading stuff, too. I said I would most definately be interested. We decided to meet the next week after church at his place and he would get everything together for me to look at.

Next week we went to his place. First, he showed me the rifle. A 25-06 Browning, lefty hex bolt, stainless barrel, synthetic stock. Mounted to it was a 3-9 Leopold. He said he paid $500 for the rifle and $500 for the scope. He said he wanted $400 for it. :o I almost broke my wrist getting my wallet out. :D

Next, he showed me the reloading stuff. He had a RCBS RS press. RCBS dies for the 25-06, 30-06 and Hornady dies for .223. Couple hundred new .223 brass, 400 25-06 (half new) and 200 30-06 brass. 7 or 8 lbs asrtd. powders, 3000 asrtd primers, 1200 asrtd bullets for all calibers (Nosler, Sierra, Speer, Hornady), case trimmer, RCBS brass tumbler, hand primer, many reloading books, RCBS beam scale, primer pocket reamers, case lube, lube pad, basically everything I would need. He said he wanted $200 for the works. :o Again, I whipped out cash before he changed his mind.

After I started loading and found some favorite loads, I hit Midway to replenish the bullets I liked. Found out that was the most expensive part! I then found this site and the rest is history. Now Midway only gets to sell me molds, not bullets;-)