PDA

View Full Version : Been 1 1/2 years since I cast a bullet, feels good to be back

Namerifrats
03-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Been about a year and a half since I cast a bullet. I adopted my 4 (then 2 year old) niece and and haven't really had the time since. Then back in Dec, my wife and had had our first child, a boy. I missed doing it, and bought a .30 cal and a 45/70 mould from Midway a few months ago. This afternoon, my wife took the baby and went scrapbooking. My little girl (my adopted niece) started up about wanting to play outside. The weather was nice for a change, so I got out the pot and moulds. Made up around 300 .30 Cal, and 300 45/70 bullets. Letting the pot cool now before putting in back in the garage. We'll eat some dinner shortly and then I'll sit back, relax and sort some bullets. Feels damn good to be back in it!

Leadforbrains
03-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Welcome back to the silver stream my brother :drinks:

dromia
03-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Welcome back! :drinks:

WHITETAIL
03-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Welcome back to the smelting bug!:castmine:

wwmax
03-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Welcome back,may all your rounds hit the Xring

jnovotny
03-08-2009, 11:30 AM
:cbpour:Welcome back, did you really ever leave?

The Double D
03-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Word of warning, you have two possible future bullet casters there, but be careful how you school them.

Years ago when my son was the right age I taught him bullet casting and reloading. One weekend he cast up a whole coffee can full of 45's for our ACP's. The next weekend he cranked up the Dillon and loaded them all up. Pretty neat, saved me a bunch time for shooting instead of making.

A couple of weeks later I decide I wanted to go out to the back yard range and shoot. I got the coffee can and it was almost empty. Iasked the kid what the deal was. Simple said my son, "I cast them, I loaded them and I shot them." The best response I could come up was pretty weak, "with my powder and my primers, save me some next time!"

The wife said that every night when the kid came home from school he had asked permission of her to shoot and he went out and practiced.

So warning, make sure they understand when you teach them to cast and shoot, that it's your powder and your primers. :)

Namerifrats
03-08-2009, 04:17 PM
:cbpour:Welcome back, did you really ever leave?

Well, not really. I just cast up enough to last me a while before and haven't had much time over the past year. Also lost my shooting range. So trying to find a new place to shoot, and starting back in on my casting and loading.

leftiye
03-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Good ta hear frum you again!