PDA

View Full Version : handloader Bullet Making Annual #1 & #2

Flash
03-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Any idea what these things are worth? I called Wolfe Publishing a few years back about them ever printing a third copy and they told me that there wasn't enough interest. I am going to sell them but I don't know what is a fair price to advertise them at.

hornsurgeon
03-07-2009, 09:15 AM
i mighrt be intrested in them when you do sell. let me know.

mark

Bret4207
03-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Not enough interest???? Hey Mike Venturino! How about letting Scoville know there IS interest in another Annual!

Bill Ferguson had a bunch a few years back, I think they were going for 10 bucks or so. I treasure my copies.

beagle
03-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Amen to another cast annual. Those two annuals that I have have many interesting and pertinent articles in the./beagle

HeavyMetal
03-07-2009, 11:36 AM
There were actually four annuals made and, at one time, Wolfe had them on DVD.

Don't know if Wolfe still does but it is nice to have.

As far as another annual is concerned? Don't hold your breath! If you read through the original annuals you'll see a lot of articles by "one off's" just wanting to hand over ideas and suggestions. Since Wolfe is no longer taking manuscripts from anyone but in house writers the "resource" level is not what it was 10 years ago.

As such they have nothing "New" to print. For that reason Handloader has become "Boring"!

This is something Mr. Venturino can pass along as well.

44man
03-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I have been disappointed in Handloader for many years. Maybe one of the reasons I get so grouchy! [smilie=1: I have asked them about loads and testing different guns with hand loads like Ken Waters used to do. When I asked about other guns then they only test, I got nasty responses.
They are so commercially driven today that they are not the same. If a company does not advertise, they are ignored. Maybe that is why a company stays away! :confused:
I used to learn a lot from them but not anymore, just another rag.
The Rifleman is the same, no more useful information. Nothing but military weapons and carry stuff that none of us can afford if we had a use for them.
We could make our own magazine with the knowledge here. What is the sense of buying a magazine when we know more then they do?
I gained a new appreciation of Mike but I doubt he will have any influence on the magazine.

Flash
03-07-2009, 07:16 PM
ok, they're gone to auction

Bret4207
03-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Handloader needs Ken Howell back. Or let Al Miller take the reins. Scoville knows his stuff but it's just gone to the dogs.

Pepe Ray
03-08-2009, 03:24 PM
This type of degradation is a symptom of being managed
by committee".
P. R.

DGV
03-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I am interested in both copies you have. I sent you a pm. Were these the copies printed in 1990 or 1991?