PDA

View Full Version : My first cast boolit has been fired

ghh3rd
03-02-2009, 07:37 PM
I finally set up my loading equipment and loaded 50 of the .38 spl wadcutters that I cast from WW. Before this I had never cast or reloaded anything. I loaded one 'ceremonial' round into the snubbie, aimed at a small piece of 2x4 lumber, pulled the trigger, heard the bang, and yep, there was a hole in the 2x4.

I split the wood and retreived my first fired cast boolit as a souvenier. I know it's kinda silly, but it sure did feel good to shoot something that I had created.

Thanks for all of the help from you guys here in castboolits.com.

Randy

garandsrus
03-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Congratulations. You get a warm and fuzzy feeling from making your own boolits and loads :)

John

rugerman1
03-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I split the wood and retreived my first fired cast boolit as a souvenier. I know it's kinda silly, but it sure did feel good to shoot something that I had created.

Randy

Thats what it's all about! :drinks:

Dean D.
03-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Congratulations Randy! Don't that feel good???!!!

Sprue
03-02-2009, 07:50 PM
There's no turning back now. :drinks:

You probably don't want to make up (load) too many rounds for initial test firing. Next thing you know you'll be looking for a boolit puller or a Lewis Lead remover.

Ole
03-02-2009, 07:52 PM
There really is something neat/unique about this hobby.

What a great feeling it is to make something useful out of what most folks would consider junk.

:)

orygun_native
03-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Congrats! I'm looking forward to firing my first in a month or so.

3rptr
03-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Congratulations!

Now it's gonna cost you about $4 for a can of Krylon gold to paint that boolit!

Shiloh
03-03-2009, 01:45 AM
I finally set up my loading equipment and loaded 50 of the .38 spl wadcutters that I cast from WW. Before this I had never cast or reloaded anything. I loaded one 'ceremonial' round into the snubbie, aimed at a small piece of 2x4 lumber, pulled the trigger, heard the bang, and yep, there was a hole in the 2x4.

Thanks for all of the help from you guys here in castboolits.com.

Randy

You are soooo hooked. :Fire:

Great feeling isn't it? We shooters who "Roll Our Own" from our own hand cast boolits belong to a fraternity going back 100's of years. This forum, as well as my shooting buddy who got me started casting got me hooked as well. I shoot only limited amounts of J word bullets. For me, cast boolits rule!!

Shiloh

Shiloh
03-03-2009, 01:48 AM
There's no turning back now. :drinks:

You probably don't want to make up (load) too many rounds for initial test firing. Next thing you know you'll be looking for a boolit puller or a Lewis Lead remover.

Sage advice!! ;)

Shiloh

Slow Elk 45/70
03-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Great !:-D Now your hooked , taking line going for deep water. Ha Ha !!

Now you can settle in and really get started, and you will have many more questions, so settle in and Enjoy your new habit[smilie=1: You can start hiding you nickles and dimes now, There are soooo many things out there that you need !!!:twisted:

Welcome to the casting frat:Fire:

RegCom7
03-03-2009, 10:26 PM
I just shot the first 50 that I cast last weekend. It sure feels better than just assembling store-bought boolits. :-D

qajaq59
03-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Great fun isn't it?
And I have news for you. 99% of us felt the same way when we fired our first loads. Now just wait till you drop a deer or a hog with one of your own. Then you'll really go bonkers. :)