PDA

View Full Version : SeaDuck Boat Project:

WickedGoodOutdoors
02-28-2009, 04:35 PM
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#191970]SeaDuck Boat Project:

Anyone interested in getting together on a Sea Duck hunting boat project?

I started to builld this boat.

It is 1 inch thick closed cell foam encased in a sammich of 1/2PT Plywood on the top and bottom, Then cobvered in a delicious layer for polyester Fiberglass cloth & Resin. Topped off with a velvetly coat of Grey Indoor/Outdoor Carpet.

Wieghts about 200 pounds and Strong like Russion Woman! Maybe we name boat "PEGGY"? Maybe not?

I have run out of time and Money to finish the boat.

It needs plywood Sides that need to be covered with fiberglass and a Transom & Bow.

Then a canvas cover so theat the Duckies would see you when you Blast them.

Ill provide the boat Bottom

Looking for partners to do the rest

or Ill Trade it to you for something I can use. Food, Beer, Gas, Fuel Oil, Firewood

Capt Walt

Saco, Maine

Capt@WickedGoodOutdoors.com

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/WickedGoodOutdoors/deck.jpg

leftiye
03-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Will you bring it to Utah?

BD
03-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Ducks are Good! I really like mallards as they're slow enough that I can hit them :) I like geese as well and shot a few of them this winter in the snow here in NY. Where in Maine are you? If I get back up there this year I'd be interested. Course we could always just drape some camo over my V-20 and go for it.

I've stripped out a couple of boats over the years for work boats. Basically I just gut out everything but the steering, (if it works). Then hang the motor and run the controls, add a temp guage, bilge pump and a compass and go for it.

I think a hunting boat would be about the same deal. Maybe some seats and a small dodger. The biggest issue is rigging up something so the dog can get back in so you don't get soaked from every retrieve.
BD

Wayne Smith
03-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Yes, I can say COLLLLD! I don't want to any more. If I was still in Concord and young and had the winter clothing, probably. None of those qualities pertain any longer.

garandsrus
03-02-2009, 08:15 PM
I'd sure like to go Sea Duck hunting when it's done! I have been a Duck Hunter for the better part of 20 years, but have never gone out for Sea Ducks.

Of course, I would like to go to Alaska to hunt the Sea Ducks also. It's a civilized sport up there since it doesn't get light until about noon :)

John

BD
03-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Saco? That's down near Miami, isn't it:) I heard they got a little snow at home this week, 36" in Greenville. You get any of that? I lost a 1972 Ford F-150 in my yard up there one winter. Forgot where I parked it.

I did some duck hunting in the snow this winter and I'll tell you, I couldn't hit the divers for beans as you don't get to see them until the last second, then they're gone past.

We killed quite a few geese in the white stuff as well, calling them into fallow fields above the lake. No blind required, you just put on some painters coveralls and lay down in the snow.

BD

mikenbarb
03-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Wish I was closer. I got alot of extra time on my hands.LOL. I have an older Boston Whaler I want to do the same thing to for hunting the bay areas by me. For now im just covering it up with burlap and hiding it in the reeds.

P Patcher
03-06-2009, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=BD;513268]Saco? That's down near Miami, isn't it:) I heard they got a little snow at home this week, 36" in Greenville. You get any of that? I lost a 1972 Ford F-150 in my yard up there one winter. Forgot where I parked it.

BD
I'm back up in The Forks right now, We got about 30"in that last storm and it's snowing hard right now. Supposed to be in the 30's tomorrow, I'm going out to the ice shack tomorrow and set some trap's out. Sure beat's the heck out of being stuck in little Italy-- uh I mean Little Rhode.
Addison

Jetwrench
03-08-2009, 03:26 AM
Yea, cold here too, was almost 80 today, were down to 69 now BBBBRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! SORRY I just could not help myself :kidding: Jetwrench

WILCO
07-05-2009, 08:52 AM
As they say it either takes sweat or money to do something.

Sounds as if you're going to need a commercial loan to get this rig into the water......:coffee:

PatMarlin
07-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Ah boats- a labor of love. LABOR being the key word with money next. Rebuilt and restored my share over the years. Maybe some local retired folk would be good candidates. Run a craigs list add or stand ouside Mac Donalds with a sign that says, "Free Coffee on Board" ...:mrgreen:

45nut
07-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Boat=

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

Just Duke
09-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Duck Season

Wabbit Season!!! :redneck:

PatMarlin