PDA

View Full Version : 2000 bullets cast in 2hr 45min tonight

wwillson
02-28-2009, 12:28 AM
All,

I was bored, so I plugged in my pot and proceded to cast about 2000 bullets in less than 3 hrs tonight. I have a 20lb Lee Pro 4-20 pot and a Lee 6 cavity 452-228-1R.

I still have 6 5 gallon buckets of WW on hand and more coming. Now a total of 5000 cast bullets in my inventory.

Do you think I have the illness everyone speaks about here?

:p

Wayne

dromia
02-28-2009, 01:57 AM
Maybe your showing some early symptoms. [smilie=1:

clodhopper
02-28-2009, 02:16 AM
You are starting to get there when you just have to cast something and you check supplies and really don't need any more boolits.

oldtoolsniper
02-28-2009, 06:33 AM
I am casting boolits for a gun I have not bought yet. Your good to go!

357maximum
02-28-2009, 06:40 AM

:bigsmyl2: I hope they never find a cure for our illness. :bigsmyl2:

I have to spread some weight around the place...the barn is settling unevenly.

jack19512
02-28-2009, 09:29 AM
I was bored, so I plugged in my pot and proceded to cast about 2000 bullets in less than 3 hrs tonight.

For someone like me that only uses the two cavity molds that is something that is hard to picture. :-D I 'm not sure how many boolits I could produce in around 3 hours but I'm sure it would only be in the low hundreds.

But for me that is what winter time is for. I have no idea how many boolits I have now ready to go but it is a lot. Sometimes when the weather is bad out I will fire up the pot and just cast some boolits because I enjoy it that much.

OLPDon
02-28-2009, 09:32 AM

I have done the same.

I have yet to purchace any firearms for my to go with my wordrobe, but that is not to say that I won't.
Don

PS Now for you fella's that have she who must be obayed. I don't recomend you use that excuse.

BruceB
02-28-2009, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE= I 'm not sure how many boolits I could produce in around 3 hours but I'm sure it would only be in the low hundreds. [/QUOTE]

Not necessarily.

Go to "Homepage" in the toolbar at the top of this page, and over on the left side, if you look for it, is a clickable link to "Members' Articles". Among those articles is one I wrote about "speedcasting".

It is flat-out easy to produce 400 bullets per hour from a two-cavity mould, and on occasion I've gotten closer to 600 in one hour. No special equipment is needed beyond what you already have at home.

It's simple, and it's NOT hard work. Just efficiency.