PDA

View Full Version : Contraption

wills
01-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Got at a garage sale, 1/15 horse motor, attractive designer switch.

waksupi
01-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Wills, much nicer contraption, than I imagined when you mentioned it in chat.
That is definitely the Mark 1 Model, World's Finest Herter's/Lee partnership multifunction reloading and cat reaming apparatus. Did it come with the attachment, to remove stuck catsup bottle tops with? If not, check Ebay. Althought they are vintage, and may be quite expensive, I believe the extravagance is warranted, to be able to have all the accessories. I'm sure there are other attachments, that I am not aware of, but others here, are sure to help out.

wills
01-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Thank you, Waksupi. I hoped someone would be able to properly identify it. Unfortunately it did not come with all the accessories

powderburnerr
01-29-2006, 11:41 PM
get you a couple torches and build a platform and make an annealer ,,, Dean

357tex
01-30-2006, 12:37 AM
wills
now that you got it ,what you going to do with it?I got some finds like that,well maybe not just like it.But things I can't put a name to,nor a use to .But bless God I got em.I will think of something to use them for,someday.I would have give $5 for it to just to put in the barn,and think on. [smilie=f:

Frank46
01-30-2006, 02:57 AM
Wills, since your contraption has a drill chuck on it, if you stick a bore brush in the chuck you could use it to clean the inside of cartridge case necks. Or could be used to ream cats. Just pick em up, ream and go on to the next one. Could knock off a bunch in a short time. Looks like an old fan motor or sumthin like that. Or if the motor is strong enough, get one of those flexible shafts with the drill chuck on it and you could use it like a dremel tool with all the stones, cutters, cutoff wheels, and polishing bobs. Frank

wills
01-30-2006, 10:00 AM
wills
now that you got it ,what you going to do with it?I got some finds like that,well maybe not just like it.But things I can't put a name to,nor a use to .But bless God I got em.I will think of something to use them for,someday.I would have give $5 for it to just to put in the barn,and think on. [smilie=f:

So far that is what I'm doing, it is in the barn and I am thinking.

wills
01-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Wills, since your contraption has a drill chuck on it, if you stick a bore brush in the chuck you could use it to clean the inside of cartridge case necks. Or could be used to ream cats. Just pick em up, ream and go on to the next one. Could knock off a bunch in a short time. Looks like an old fan motor or sumthin like that. Or if the motor is strong enough, get one of those flexible shafts with the drill chuck on it and you could use it like a dremel tool with all the stones, cutters, cutoff wheels, and polishing bobs. Frank

Yep case neck cleaner is one of the first ideas that occoured to me.. For cat reaming, I will have to get the cat holder, as I am disinclined to hand hold them while reaming.

carpetman
01-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Wills---Your contraption is in the barn???? I notice the windows have blinds. Never seen a barn with blinds. Barn that fancy makes me wonder about the rest of the place? I heard Jim Bakker had an air conditioned dog house. Man oh man. I bet you even have designer co-ordinated toilet paper. BTW that contraption is used for polishing muffin tins that are used for ingot molds. The lead sticks in some muffin tins and need polishing.

Scrounger
01-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Wills---Your contraption is in the barn???? I notice the windows have blinds. Never seen a barn with blinds. Barn that fancy makes me wonder about the rest of the place? I heard Jim Bakker had an air conditioned dog house. Man oh man. I bet you even have designer co-ordinated toilet paper. BTW that contraption is used for polishing muffin tins that are used for ingot molds. The lead sticks in some muffin tins and need polishing.

Watch out, Wills, Ray is looking for your sheep!!
What are you hiding behind those blinds? :kidding:

omgb
01-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Ahh, this is obviously an early model thermalthrockle with biframbulated fully articulated dry-spun Johnson bearings. I love the switch and the reostat. I can think of a dozen or more applications for this device. Excellent find. BTW, the optional cat reamer attachement is really quite the ticket. I hope you find one soon as there are many cats in need of this service.

R J Talley

shooter575
01-30-2006, 01:28 PM
My logic on dumpster diving [I am olympic class] buying or otherwise draging home such items is so when I am gone someone going through my prized possetions will sigh and think. "What was this idiot thinking"
It works for me!!!

Boondocker
01-30-2006, 02:09 PM
My logic on dumpster diving [I am olympic class] buying or otherwise draging home such items is so when I am gone someone going through my prized possetions will sigh and think. "What was this idiot thinking"
It works for me!!!

I can relate to that. I are one too!!!!!!! Good thing I don"t work at the landfill anymore. [smilie=l:

nighthunter
01-30-2006, 06:42 PM
To be compatible with the "catsup" feature all cats will need a high speed lead injection to conform with all "catsdown" regulations. Lack of compliance with the before mentioned regulations will result in civil prosecution even if of an unvoluntary nature. Score cards will be kept and validated by Starmetal. Caliber of choice is of a personal nature and shall have no further bearings on the outcome of the proceedings. A photograph might be asked for to validate an entry before it is credited to your score card. Remember .... Starmetal has the final say on all entries.
Nighthunter

OldBob
01-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Boy , that sure is a nice one! Looks like the one Grandpa had only his was hand cranked. Before you get too far with the cat reaming you're gonna need some LONG heavy leather gloves and one of these http://www.abandonhope.shetland.co.uk/Humour/Catcarrier.jpg
Good luck .........

Frank46
01-31-2006, 04:00 AM
Shooter, ah dumpster diving. You'd be suprised what gets thrown out. Spent many a happy hour in them dumpsters. Got me a kennedy roll around tool chest once slightly used and had the keys for the locks in it. Sure miss the good old days. Frank

Jetwrench
01-31-2006, 01:34 PM
Old Bob,
That link is just too funny. Jet