PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Edmonton, Canada

vic308
02-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Hi to everyone,
I have been reading a lot of posts that have been comprised within this website for a long but did not post anything yet. I am a novice when it comes to bullet casting but slowly gaining experience with the help of all of you. Thank you for all of your posts.
Vic

John D
02-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Welcome aboard vic308......

You've come to the right place. Don't be afraid to ask questions. there's a lot of knowledgeable folks here. Enjoy!!

Tom Herman
02-25-2009, 11:00 PM
We're ALL still learning! I cast my first bullets less than a year ago and am fully addicted. There will always be something that I could do better, or some trick to learn.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

Dean D.
02-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Welcome Vic!

I have not been here long myself but this is one of the finest forums I've ever had the pleasure of participating on. Great people and lots of knowledge here!

Kraschenbirn
02-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Welcome aboard. If you're looking to learn about boolit casting - or anything remotely connected - you've come to the right place. I've been casting, off and on, for more than 30 years and still pick up on something new (or am reminded of something I've forgotten) darned near every time I browse thru here.

Bill

Three44s
02-25-2009, 11:21 PM
A BIG welcome vic308!!!

You're a "lurker" .... no more! ........ LOL!

Three 44s

Wayne Smith
02-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Vic, I've been here a long time, not quite a plank owner. Fellow refugee from Shooters.com with many here. I seldom come here without something coming up that I don't yet know! Welcom and join the organized chaos.

Cherokee
02-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Welcome Vic - feel free to participate

BruceB
02-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Edmonton.....

-A new '65 Mustang screaming through the serpentine turns of Groat Road with Nancy Sinatra belting out "Boots" on the radio, and my future bride hanging on for dear life....

-Wayne Gretzky and the greatest Oilers ever, playing the Islanders in their first-ever Cup semi-finals...

-The old Custom Gun Shop on Jasper Avenue, where I bought some truly great used guns from Erv Heiman, including the .404 Jeffery I still own...

-Riding stables then on the south edge of the city, said "edge" now at least twenty miles south of where we rode....

Yep, I have some Edmonton memories. It's still a great town, and one which I much prefer to that upstart outfit a couple hundred miles to the south.

Another welcome to you, Vic!

waksupi
02-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Welcome aboard, Vic. I generally shoot with the Stienhauer's from your area a few times a year.

vic308
02-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks to all for worm welcome.
Vic

kodiak1
02-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Hello vic308
Welcome from another Central Albertan.
Ken.

Red River Rick
02-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Hello Vic308:

Greetings from another fellow Canuck. You'll like this place. Lot's of great people here and a wealth of information.

RRR

testhop
02-26-2009, 10:44 PM
welcome aboard

Bret4207
02-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Welcome to the asylum Vic. If you got this far into it, there's no hope for you now!!!:mrgreen:

Southern Son
02-28-2009, 01:04 AM
I almost feel sorry for you Vic. First, you stuck in the wrong Edmonton. We have a town called Edmonton here in Queensland, Australia. I has never snowed in Ozzy Edmonton (I lived there for 7 years and think that only once I saw temperatures get into single digits on the celcius scale). And second, your now hooked, it wont be long before you are looking at selling a boat or something to get another gun and then you need the dies, and then the Moulds, new powders, etc. etc. etc. And finally, this addiction will force you into looking for lead in all the wrong places. You start out begging them from Tyre Shops, but then that isn't enough, so you start picking them up on the sides of roads and highways, but all to soon you will be having a family BBQ and while everyone is in the back yard, you will be out front with a set of pliers, ripping wheel weights of your relatives rims. Not that I have done that, all my relatives live in another state, so I can only see their wheel weights when we go back on holidays.

quasi
03-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Edmonton.....

-A new '65 Mustang screaming through the serpentine turns of Groat Road with Nancy Sinatra belting out "Boots" on the radio, and my future bride hanging on for dear life....

-Wayne Gretzky and the greatest Oilers ever, playing the Islanders in their first-ever Cup semi-finals...

-The old Custom Gun Shop on Jasper Avenue, where I bought some truly great used guns from Erv Heiman, including the .404 Jeffery I still own...

-Riding stables then on the south edge of the city, said "edge" now at least twenty miles south of where we rode....

Yep, I have some Edmonton memories. It's still a great town, and one which I much prefer to that upstart outfit a couple hundred miles to the south.

Another welcome to you, Vic!

I guess you can take the boy out of the reserve, but you can't take the reserve out of the boy.!

missionary5155
03-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Good evening and WELCOME !
Good to have another Northern Neighbor about. I grew up in Michigan but your a bit west. I sure wish I could have hung out here as I was casting on my own. I grew up around lead boolits but it sure changes when there is no one around to ask HOW to do something better.
I remember Canada sticking itīs neck out to help those U.S. "escapes form the Iran takeover"... you folks are OK by me !
Mike in Peru.

HABCAN
03-30-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm about 3 hours SE of you, Vic. Welcome!