PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel condiment cups

kendall yates
02-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Has anyone used the little stainless steel condiment cups they sell at walmart for ingots?? They are in packs of 4 and less than 2 dollars. Any thoughts?

sargenv
02-25-2009, 08:27 PM
I haven't but man that sounds like a good idea.. I'm sure someone will chime in at some point..

madcaster
02-25-2009, 08:32 PM
You can find them at Dollar Tree also,in packs of 4 I think?

arcticbreeze
02-25-2009, 09:05 PM
I did when I first started before I got an ingot mold. I did not have very good luck with them. I had to remelt the lead out of them because i could not get the lead to drop. I was brand new and thought it was going to work great. Maybe I did something wrong but it did not work for me.

Lead melter
02-25-2009, 09:09 PM
I use them for melt-dip lubing and dipping boolits in LLA according to the Ranch Dog methop. Work great for these.

Gerry N.
02-25-2009, 10:49 PM
The problem with stainless alloys is that anything resembling solder sticks to most of them like sh*t to a wool blanket. I put stainless steel liners in dozens of custom reefer boxes in various Yachts over the years. Soldering sheet stainless is even easier than soldering sheet copper. Hell, if I can do it, it's got to be easy.

If you want cheap ingot molds, the tried and true alumin(i)um muffin tin is impossible to beat. I saw some tiny ones at a kitchen shop about Christmas time. The cups were about 1 1/4" across.

Gerry N.

GP100man
02-25-2009, 11:11 PM
angle iron welded together & a little draft tapped out on the ends .
alittle imagination & a few welding rods , the possibilities are endless!!!!

GP100man:cbpour:

Fire_stick
02-25-2009, 11:22 PM
I use the ss condoment cups I picked up from Bed and Bath. They work great! I usually fill to about 1" from the top and get 2.5# to 3# ingots.