PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for Lube

rikkit
01-28-2006, 04:59 PM
I, find myself running low on bullet lube for my lubersizer. I had been getting my lube from Gar and have been very satisfied with the NRA formula they sold. I am now looking for a new source and noticed on ebay there is a seller that uses "Idahobronco" as an email address. His prices seem reasonable at a little over a $1 a tube plus shipping, has anybody tried his porduct? I guess I will get suggestions for brewing up Felix lube by some members, I have no doubt as to the quality of his formula, but I would rather pay the buck or so price and be done with it. TIA

felix
01-28-2006, 05:20 PM
IdahoBronco has good stuff. It's alox 50-50 equivalent, and some carnauba added if desired for a little more hardness. ... felix

Johnch
01-28-2006, 05:21 PM
I got some Carmauba Blend of his thru a freind and love it .
I just got 20 sticks from him for rifle shooting .
One thing it takes a lube heater.

Larsen's Gun Works (http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/index.html)

My freind uses his 50/50 Bees wax/ Alox and swears by it .
I have 1 tube I will try .
If it works as I expect , I will order more .
Maybe No more making lube for me .

Johnch

Frank46
01-29-2006, 01:18 AM
I use the javelina 50-50 mix and have had no problems with leading. My cb's are up to a pedestrian 1800 fps. I understand that Bill from GAR had passed away and that his wife was in the process of looking for someone to take over the business. From your post I assume that GAR has closed down? Frank

Calamity Jake
01-30-2006, 10:53 AM
"I understand that Bill from GAR had passed away "
Man I hate that. I have done a lot of business with GAR over the years.
My prayers go out to his family.

Bodydoc447
01-30-2006, 11:05 AM
I have used Glen's Alox and his Carnuba Red (sp?). I have been very satisfied with both.

Doc

carpetman
01-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Bodydoc you have an SP? after the word Red. I think that is the correct spelling of red. You have it capitalized which would be correct as it is a name.

robertbank
01-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Here is another source. I have used his scarlet with good results. Have not tried his Purple yet but have some and will in time.

jhilde@aol.com

Jeffrey Hilde Jake's Product Co.
111 E Melbourne
Peoria, IL 61603

20 sticks for $28. + $4.00 priority shipping

Stay Safe

SharpsShooter
01-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Check out the Bullshop for boolit lube and more

http://bullshop.gunloads.com/

Bodydoc447
01-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Carpetman,

Yep. Guilty as charged. I meant that I was not sure of the spelling of the Carnauba portion of the proper name "Carnauba Red." Guess I missed the opportunity to use my quotation marks, eh? Thanks for the assistance.

Doc