PDA

View Full Version : Sizer parts

Johnch
01-27-2006, 10:21 PM
I just got a Lyman 450 sizer for a thank you , I fixed a Little Old Lady's sink and would not take any $$

She said it had not been used in 15 years but it looks great .

One thing the lube reservoir cap is missing . ( right name ? )

Dose Lyman sell replacement parts for the 450 ?

If not where do I find one ?

I have been thinking of adding another sizer , so I can keep 2 different lubes handy .

I am going to see if she need anything else fixed , I saw a stack of molds on the shelf , I love to barder .

Johnch

454PB
01-27-2006, 11:25 PM
I've ordered replacement parts from Lyman for my 450 sizers, and it took a long time to get them. It's not like the reservoir cap is necessary for operation.

Yes, I think I'd be over there painting her eaves or something. I bet if you tell her what she has and that moulds rust if left unused, she will be generous.

Buckshot
01-28-2006, 04:36 AM
..............I think the reservoir cap serves maily as an upper bearing if you will, for the lube piston screw. Keeps it from being wobbled around as you crank down the piston. Make one out of wood or something.

Heck I'd turn ya one out of aluminum for the shipping but by the time I got around to doing it you'd have probably had one from Lyman or made several yourself.

Farm it out! Hey Joe, hows about you fire up that lathe and crank out a Lyman reservoir cap for the shipping? Surely you can scrounge up a piece of aluminum? 8)

......................Buckshot

Shepherd2
01-28-2006, 08:25 AM
johnch - I've got a spare reservoir cap from a junk 450 someone gave me long ago. I'd be happy to send it to you. PM me with an address if you want it.

hpdrifter
01-28-2006, 10:41 AM
you might find a washer that'd fit inside the lube chamber and then one that would fit the pressure screw and be a little bigger than the chamber; like a fender washer, and epoxy them together with the small one fitting inside the chamber and the other resting on it.

Like Buckshot said, I think all it does is keep the pressure screw straight.

Johnch
01-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks guys .
Shepherd2 offered me one .

Johnch

454PB
01-28-2006, 03:28 PM
There are some generous people on this forum!

Actually, I leave the cap off of mine most of the time, I like to keep track of the level in the reservoir. It doesn't get wobbly until it's nearly empty and the plunger is near the bottom.

swheeler
01-31-2006, 11:18 PM
lubricant reservoir cover
part # 2990598 1-800-225-9626

I haven't ordered one of these but a new ram was 6.00 + 4.00 shipping took 5 days to MT
Scooter