PDA

View Full Version : Lubing 1 groove boolits

riverman
02-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey Guys,

New to the sight and to casting. I've been shooting all my life and relaoding about 15 years. I recently started shooting a little bullseye and figured I better start casting my own as well.

I am doing pretty good so far, with the help of an old friend, but I have a little problem. I have a Lyman 450 and the push out rod is adjusted all the way up. If I pull the handle all the way down, it will lube the groove and the nose of the bullet. I think I read somewhere that you can cover some of the holes or something to prevent this. I this right? Or is there a better way to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Chris

Shiloh
02-21-2009, 07:50 PM
I just looked at mine (Lyman 450) and there is quite a bit of room to adjust height. A while back I experimented with just lubing one groove of a wad cutter boolit. I was able to adjust to do this. Is your rod covered in hardened lube that prevents it from being adjusted??

Shiloh

R.C. Hatter
02-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Are you sure your "push rod" is all the way up ? Check to insure that the adjusting threads on the rod are not caked with hardened lube that prevents the proper adjustment to be made.

mooman76
02-21-2009, 08:52 PM
You should be able to adjust it enough to do what you want. I know it's kind of confusing especially if you don't use it much or it's been awhile.

Maven
02-21-2009, 09:20 PM
riverman, Also try using less pressure/fewer turns on the wrench on the lube reservoir when lubing a CB.

runfiverun
02-22-2009, 08:01 PM
you can also fill it with something like the styro-foam from an egg carton lid..