PDA

View Full Version : Girly Jar Boolit Lube

Whitespider
02-21-2009, 04:46 PM
I was at the store with my wife today, as I followed her through the girly stuff something caught my eye. I opened it, and it's about the consistency of stiff Crisco. Read the label, hmmmm.... boolit lube in a girly jar. Smells purdy too.
So what da' ya' think?
Mix it together with 2-parts beeswax, less, more?

Brazilian Nut Body Butter - 7 ounces

An intense moisturizer containing the sweet essence of Brazil nut oil blended
with ultra-rich Shea nut butter to seal in moisture and soften dry, rough skin.

TO USE: Massage over the body after bathing or showering allowing the natural oils
to moisturize the skin. Store in a cool place.
WARNING: For external use only. Keep out of reach of children.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter),
Glyceryl Stearate, Safflower Oil, PEG- 100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol,
Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, PEG-8 Beeswax, Lanolin Alcohol (Lanolin),
Fragrance, Bertholetta Excelsa (Brazil Nutl) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol,
Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Caramel

3006guns
02-21-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm confused........read the directions twice.........when do you put it on the boolit?:confused:

Blammer
02-21-2009, 05:23 PM
I'd buy it, and use it on the wife!

Forget the boolits!

Ricochet
02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
http://osscustom.com/images/DCSWXLR.jpg

Shiloh
02-21-2009, 06:11 PM
You Guys.... Lets get control of ourselves!! This IS the Cast Boolit forum.

How much is this stuff?? You could probably by a mountain of lube ingredients for what it costs.

My buddy sometimes contemplates the aroma of lube. He says he can tell the fragrant aroma of beeswax made of nectar gathered from meadows of midwest wild flowers, vs. the more pungent brash essence of the imported variety. He never mentioned Shea Nut Brazilian Body Butter though. He gets some weird looks from folks at the plate range sometimes, and I have cautioned him that this gift is something best kept to himself. On this subject, silence really is golden. :)

Shiloh :castmine:

jack19512
02-21-2009, 06:24 PM
How much is this stuff?? You could probably by a mountain of lube ingredients for what it costs.

I could be wrong but that was my thinking too. :-D

Kuato
02-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Maybe it's just me but, caramel in my rifle's bore just don't sound to tempting...

Tom W.
02-21-2009, 06:52 PM
But the dual use is priceless......

Whitespider
02-21-2009, 07:11 PM
:oops: 6 bucks :cry:

357maximum
02-21-2009, 07:16 PM
The water/ some of the alcohols will cook off in the lube making process, the caramel...that sounds bad....you ever burnt sugar/caramel? The GUM do not sound too cool either.

The oils/waxes all sound useable, and just why are they having women spread urea on themselves.....you know where that comes from right?

Going by all of what I have typed above....I still might try it for a patch lube on a hot day at the range..(glycerin) .................but only if it was free.

there is a ton better things to mix with your beeswax than this,,,and price will be more friendly also. vaseline or lithium auto grease come immediately to mind.

Now if you want to make a good smelling lube go to the hippie health store and buy a bottle of sweet almond oil and a bottle of grapeseed oil and then add a touch of both to a vaseline35%/beeswax 65% mixture...if you get it too thin on beeswax you can use it as a chapstick also.:bigsmyl2:

INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter),
Glyceryl Stearate, Safflower Oil, PEG- 100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol,
Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, PEG-8 Beeswax, Lanolin Alcohol (Lanolin),
Fragrance, Bertholetta Excelsa (Brazil Nutl) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol,
Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Caramel

Dean D.
02-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Seems to me that the extra expense of scented candles and mood lighting that you would need to set up around your Lubrisizer would make this cost prohibitive... :holysheep

Then again, it might just be enough of an enticement to talk SWMBO into doing some lubing for ya! :redneck: [smilie=p:

Kuato
02-21-2009, 07:33 PM
"why are they having women spread urea on themselves.....you know where that comes from right?"

2 places.
inorganic: Made with Ammonia & Carbon Dioxide.
organic: Made by kidneys in the form of piss..

You'd be surprised to see how much stuff has Urea in it...

Ricochet
02-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Urea's a keratolytic that softens skin when used in small quantities. In higher concentrations, it'll eat off callouses and nails.

jhalcott
02-23-2009, 03:49 PM
WOW! Sum o' youse guys musta went to SCHOOL!!

woody1
02-23-2009, 06:05 PM
And if you're eating store bought beef, it's prob'ly been fed urea. Yum.

Newtire
02-23-2009, 06:37 PM
I heard it's one of the ingredients of nylon also (urea)? I wonder how they came up with that one. A guy could make some money with all the times I get up at night!

Ricochet
02-25-2009, 03:12 PM
The common Nylon 66 is made from adipic acid and hexamethylenediamine.

Hardcast416taylor
02-26-2009, 03:40 AM
ATTABOY Ricochet You tell `em!!! What were we talking about????:confused::confused: Robert

Ricochet
02-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Some girly stuff.

TAWILDCATT
02-26-2009, 06:44 PM
actually bullet lube is expensive.I was looking for beeswax at a company and they asked what I wanted it for[reason was white and yellow] they sold bullet lube for $1.00 a lb.figure 2 oz sticks so 8 x 2 = 16 or $3 for a stick.or $24 per lb.
I made out like a bandit I got 50 lbs.[smilie=1: [smilie=1: