PDA

View Full Version : How stuff works

jack19512
02-20-2009, 06:51 PM
I don't know if anyone else caught the show "How stuff works" on the Discovery channel or not but they have a show about lead and it is very interesting. From the mining of lead to processing, to uses, to dangers of lead. If you get the Discovery channel I would encourage you to watch this show about lead.

docone31
02-20-2009, 06:57 PM
I saw that when it first came out.
It is very comprehensive. Well worth watching.
Not very slanted either.

dolang1
02-20-2009, 08:11 PM
I saw part of it last night. I watched until I saw a 1 ton ingot. My wife made fun of me, said I was drooling. I wasn't drooling but I did have a light case of ingot envy. Later Don

OLPDon
02-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Jack:
Seen the program last night I too thought it was quite interesting. I was glad they didn't cover the fact that it was used for Boolits. There was enough info in that segment for tree huggers to stirr there pot. Sure would like to have one of the pallt's as was displayed.
Time to pay a visit to some tire shop's I have run out of range scraps and ww to smelt. I have about 400 or 500 lbs of igots stored up. I don't feel comfortable unless I have at least 200 bls waiting to smelt.
Don

Ole
02-20-2009, 09:25 PM
I saw the one where they showed the recycling of car batteries. That one was interesting as heck.