PDA

View Full Version : Hooked another one

Boz330
02-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Took one of my neighbors, who owns a pawn shop, to the silly wet match earlier this month and let him shoot a little as well. Of course he asked me lots of questions on the way back, but seemed a little put off by the reloading process. I didn't think that he would be real interested after hearing the hassel of loading his own. Tuesday morning he calls me and says that Shilo has a gun he can get right now in 45- what ever he wants. I suggest he get a 45-70 because of the recoil of the bigger guns, and he says "well I already have a 45-70 and was thinking about a 110 or 120". I don't have any of the above but relay what many of you guys have posted here. I also suggest that he ask the folks at Shilo what they think. This gun weighs in at 16lbs which I pointed out is a little heavy to carry and to heavy for silly wets. To this he replys that they also have a 40-65 just over 11lbs that he thought would work for that. He also said that these were an investment and didn't know how much he would actually shoot them. They are due in Monday.
Yesterday morning at the gym he asks if I can come over to his place and see what he might need to reload for them. Anyway I'm guessing the pawnshop business must be pretty good.:wink:

Bob

BPCR Bill
02-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Bob, if he bought a 16 pounder, at least what I know as a 16, that barrel is a $700 option. That is one of the HEAVY barrels. The pawn buisness must be good indeed!

Regards,
Bill

Boz330
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Bob, if he bought a 16 pounder, at least what I know as a 16, that barrel is a $700 option. That is one of the HEAVY barrels. The pawn buisness must be good indeed!

Regards,
Bill

Bill, does that qualify as a crew served weapon?
I'm thinking maybe he should adopt me, after all, I already got the habit.:mrgreen:

Bob