PDA

View Full Version : Ruger KGPF-330 grip for GP100 & SRH

Naphtali
02-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Graphics for Ruger GP100s with original non-finger groove grip appear to show GP100s with two different grips, that of the KGPF-330 (3-inch half-shrouded barrel, fixed sight) being smaller. Am I correct that the smaller grip will fit all GP100s and Super Redhawk grip frames?

If this is accurate, please identify part numbers for me to order the complete grip, including inserts, screws (and nuts).

Or, does any of you have the grip available for purchase?

longhorn
02-19-2009, 09:19 PM
The grip will fit--it's the one on my snub SRH. The grips are out of production, I believe, but may still be available from Brownell's and/or Midway. Be sure and order the necessary screw and escutcheons, if available. For complete info, google Ruger forums and look over some of the double action threads. The grip inserts (pretty much essential--the little external panels) are not available, but those from the SP101 grip will fit, or there's a custom maker or two that can fix you up, or you might make some yourself. Act tonight.

GP100man
02-21-2009, 09:30 PM
longhorn has the answer & the member you`ll be looking for is 41Magnum good guy to deal with !!!
Mr. Lett retired & is no longer making grips or panels for Sturm Ruger & Co.
the earlier grips are now bringing premium prices so mite as well go new!!

I think the late guns don`t even have Sturm on em any more?????

one constant is change !!!!!

GP100man:castmine:

Naphtali
02-21-2009, 09:59 PM
longhorn has the answer & the member you`ll be looking for is 41Magnum good guy to deal with !!!
Mr. Lett retired & is no longer making grips or panels for Sturm Ruger & Co.
the earlier grips are now bringing premium prices so mite as well go new!!

I think the late guns don`t even have Sturm on em any more?????

one constant is change !!!!!

GP100man:castmine:Many thanks for the heads-up. Does 41Magnum make grips, or only the inserts?

Heavy lead
02-21-2009, 11:57 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=880222

This what you're looking for?

Naphtali
02-22-2009, 01:33 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=880222

This what you're looking for?Hello, Dolly! What are the remaining parts needed to complete the grip assembly? Once I have this information, I'll scour Midway's web site, Brownell's also??, to get the package.

Naphtali
02-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Many thanks to all responders. I have identified everything needed for standard grip AND compact. There are a few points I need to clarify to use SP101 parts on GP100 and/or Super Redhawks.

1. SP101's ribbed plastic grip panel inserts insert correctly into Ruger's GP100 one-piece rubber grip? There is very little cost difference between ordering SP101 grip with inserts, and ordering just the inserts. If ordering grip with inserts, when I move the grip inserts to a compact GP100 grip, which grip panel screw to use? Midway shows two different grip panel insert screws. One screw is identified as being for GP100 AND SP101 (#593749), while another grip panel insert screw (#656390) is identified as being only for GP100. Which part to use when using SP101 grip panel inserts with GP100 compact grip?

2. Would I use a GP100 grip panel locator pin -- that large aluminum pin -- or the SP101 locator pin to secure GP100 compact grip with SP101 grip panel inserts?

3. If grip ferrules do not accompany SP101's grip with inserts, which ferrules (and grip panel insert screw) to order to allow correct installation of inserts into GP100's compact grip? There are grip ferrules for fixed sight GP100, also for adjustable sight GP100, and grip ferrules identified as being usable with SP101 AND GP100.

Heavy lead
02-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Many thanks to all responders. I have identified everything needed for standard grip AND compact. There are a few points I need to clarify to use SP101 parts on GP100 and/or Super Redhawks.

1. SP101's ribbed plastic grip panel inserts insert correctly into Ruger's GP100 one-piece rubber grip? There is very little cost difference between ordering SP101 grip with inserts, and ordering just the inserts. If ordering grip with inserts, when I move the grip inserts to a compact GP100 grip, which grip panel screw to use? Midway shows two different grip panel insert screws. One screw is identified as being for GP100 AND SP101 (#593749), while another grip panel insert screw (#656390) is identified as being only for GP100. Which part to use when using SP101 grip panel inserts with GP100 compact grip?

2. Would I use a GP100 grip panel locator pin -- that large aluminum pin -- or the SP101 locator pin to secure GP100 compact grip with SP101 grip panel inserts?
I would think that a GP100 frame is a GP100 frame and thus would take the GP100 pin, but I do not know this for sure. It is also the same pin used for the SuperRedhawk as well.
3. If grip ferrules do not accompany SP101's grip with inserts, which ferrules (and grip panel insert screw) to order to allow correct installation of inserts into GP100's compact grip? There are grip ferrules for fixed sight GP100, also for adjustable sight GP100, and grip ferrules identified as being usable with SP101 AND GP100.

As for the rest of the answers I do not know for sure, but I think the inserts and screw for them (the grip is held on by the aluminum pin). It appears that the only difference in the two GP100 grips is the outside shape and that the mainspring housing for lack of backstrap is the same size.
Good Luck.