PDA

View Full Version : Ruger SS Bisley Grip Frame Kit

insanelupus
02-18-2009, 02:11 AM
Anywhere know where I can find a Ruger SS Bisley Grip Frame Kit for sale? Brownell's no longer carries the SS version. I haven't called Ruger, yet. My understanding though is they require you to purchase the frame, trigger, hammer, springs, etc., all seperately.

I've got a SS Ruger Super Blackhawk that needs a Bisley grip frame.

EDK
02-18-2009, 03:35 AM
Call Ruger in New Hampshire...phone# is in your owners manual.

Make yourself a list and have your credit card in hand. It may take awhile to get through. (Not as bad as at Marlin!) Be pleasant to the person on the phone and everything will go well. I have bought BISLEY and HUNTER grip frames, etc. when the "internet rumors" said you couldn't get them. If they don't have them, ask when they will. My worst experience was ordering about 20 small items and the lady asked "why don't you fax the list" and I replied "I don't have access to a fax machine" and then it was "no problem."

A pleasant attitude and "How are you doing" pays big dividends in getting what you want.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

NHlever
02-18-2009, 06:01 AM
I believe that Brownells also has those in stock.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=319&title=BISLEY%20GRIP%20CONVERSION%20KIT

Oops, you said that Brownell's doesn't carry the SS version, and you are right. Actually, I think Ruger stopped offering the Bisleys in SS. I don't see them in the 2009 catalog.

44man
02-18-2009, 09:17 AM
I would darn sure shoot someones Bisley before investing in one. The way they feel depends on your hands. They beat my knuckle something fierce, even worse then the SBH with wood panels.
That is a grip that either has a love or hate affair.

insanelupus
02-18-2009, 09:35 AM
I'll try giving Ruger a call. I was just hoping there was another source I ws unaware of.

44Man, I personally prefer the Bisley for my hand. I've had a Vaquero for about 10 years no win the Bisley grip frame and absolutely love it. Yup, it's a love hate affair for sure! :D

docone31
02-18-2009, 11:00 AM
I agree on trying it first.
My SBH with Pachymeyers beat the snot out of my hands. I went back to the original panels and it got quite comfortable.
I have large hands. Firing cap and ball revolvers is challenging for me. My hand swallows the grip.

jack19512
02-18-2009, 11:59 AM
My SBH with Pachymeyers beat the snot out of my hands.

Great! I ordered the pachmeyer grips hoping they would solve the problem with my SBH beating my middle finger. :(