PDA

View Full Version : WTT: .45 Molds, Alloy for bullets

Shoot!
01-24-2006, 06:37 PM
Here's the deal... I don't have time to cast. Stupid things like career and family keep getting in the way. Heck, I don't really have enough time to load and shoot my favorite guns... So what I'm hoping is that some samaritan of an experienced caster will have mercy on me and take me up on the following trade.

What I have:
2 Lee D.C. Molds - C452-315-RF - This was a special run of a heavier version of their 300gr G.C., similar to the Lyman 452651, a psuedo LBT-WFN with dual crimp grooves and a 0.36 (80%) meplat. The 300gr is known to throw at about 315gr checked and lubed, so I suspect these molds might throw close to 330gr. Molds are new.

Alloy- 87+%pb, 9%sb, 3%sn with traces (0.3%) of cu and ni, which apparently don't affect castability. This stuff casts well, is not unlike linotype, a little softer with a BHN in the neighborhood of 18, in 5lb ingots. I can get ~130 lbs of it with the other stuff in 2 USPS flat rate boxes.

What I'd like is ~1400 sized, checked and lubed bullets from the molds (<70lbs worth, so to go flat rate). I'll send 2000 gas checks and all the lube I have (several sticks, some 50/50 NRA and some crayon-hard blue stuff that might best be used to stiffen up some FWFL or something). In exchange, the caster keeps the molds and remaining checks and alloy. Heck, I'll even toss a Lyman ingot mold and any other goodies I run across into the box to sweeten the deal. Caster would just be out his time, use of equipment and $7.70 bullet postage.
Any interest?

drinks
01-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Shoot;
I am retired and have plenty of time, just specify the sized diameter you want, I can make any size if I do not have it on hand now.
PM for address.
Don