PDA

View Full Version : Local Gun store

azcoyhunter
02-16-2009, 06:47 PM
HI all,:castmine:

During my travels today, I went to a local Gun Store and the Lady that was working the counter, did not have anything is stock, she said a 6 month waite.
She did say that if she could get enough reloaders to order she would make a giant order and not have to pay the Hazmat fee.

I am now on the waiting list, for

Large Pistol Primers
Small Rifle Primers
Large Rifle Primers

IMR 3031
Tite Group

Wish me luck.

:castmine:

Typecaster
02-16-2009, 06:57 PM
If mid-AZ is within your travels, High Country Guns in Prescott and Prescott Valley Guns in Prescott Valley are both pretty well supplied with handloaders' supplies. I visit my dad in Prescott every other month and keep tabs. Give 'em a call...

Richard

azcoyhunter
02-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Typecaster,

WOW!!!!

Thanks sooo much for the heads up!!!

I will call them,

I am looking to travel spring break, late March

mooman76
02-16-2009, 07:38 PM
I heard powder valley is a good place to order powder and primer. I haven't done it yet because I don't need a big enough quantity to make ordering worth while.

ept000
02-16-2009, 07:45 PM
I heard powder valley is a good place to order powder and primer. I haven't done it yet because I don't need a big enough quantity to make ordering worth while.

They are a good supplier, I have used them often, but they are out of a lot of stuff too. Keep checking their web site for updates until what you need is available. FWIW for me even a small order is worth it because of the difference in price compared to my local suppliers. A couple thousand primers and a pound or two of powder makes up for shipping and hazmat fees for me.

EDK
02-17-2009, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't wait too long. My favorite supplier is GRAFS in Mexico MO. The wife was visiting her sister and had to drive past their store on the way. I "picked my nose" and didn't have her get me an 8 pounder of 4227 last week...now it is out of stock!

Check out the section on smokless powder at GRAFS web site. 16 pages of items and OUT OF STOCK on the popular items. Primers are the same way. I'm not picking on GRAFS...they are my first choice for any components...I watch their web site and have plastic handy for an order. It's about 60 miles past my work site and an hour or so each way on good roads.

My local shop had 5000 Large Pistol Winchester primers last week...nothing left now! He still has some small pistol and both rifle sizes, but raised the price too.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

klw
02-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Where in northern arizona? I'm in Flagstaff. Flagstaff stores don't carry reloading stuff, period.

Crossbow Enterprises (crossbow@fone.net) is in Colorado but they drive through Flagstaff several times a year. I find out when they are passing through town the next time, set up an order, mail them the money and they drop the stuff off during their next trip. No hazmat fees. Works just fine. They have good prices and usually have just about everything in stock.

defib
02-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Klw-

have you tried The Ammo Place off of 4th street. He was low on stuff last week because only a third of his order came in. He usually has a lot of stuff. Also horizon shoters is getting out of reloading supplies. lots of clearance stuff.

klw
02-20-2009, 09:23 AM
I have never done much business with the Ammo Place. Probably haven't been in their store in three or four years. Just didn't have anything of interest. Of course with Horizona Shooters out of the reloading business the Ammo Place will be the only one in town carrying any of this.

I'm surprised that Horizon is going out of the reloading business. They seemed to be doing a steady busines in this stuff. Any idea why they are dropping out?

exile
02-20-2009, 01:35 PM
I had good luck with Midsouth Shooters Supply in Clarksville Tenn. regarding primers, but that was several months ago. You might try them.

exile

JesterGrin_1
02-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Do not get in a hurry lol. I have had an order in with Powder Valley since Dec/26 th for IMR-3031 and still waiting.