PDA

View Full Version : Now it is going to get interesting.

docone31
02-16-2009, 12:06 AM
I just looked at prices for my .243 100gn jacketeds.
Wow! If they are even available.
So, since I have a 25-06, and I do plan on patching it in the future, I am going to have to find a way to patch my .243.
I will have some R&D ahead of me on this one. I like Lee products, but they stop short of molds at 7mm.
I got a lot of help on patching my .30s, and .303 British. I have had breakthroughs that almost seem too good to be true.
Nose diameter is critical I found. I cannot get resulte with the .30s in the .303, and the .303 in the .30s the same. So far, folks here have been suggesting making castings nose diameter and patching up. I have never done that. I use conventional molds and size down. I have had a lot of lattitude in useing my cigarette roller. Makes some real tight wraps. I am not able to make the wraps without useing that roller as tight as with the roller. I suspect it has a distinct compression effect.
It is going to be less expensive to get existing molds for sure. I can get Lee to make sizing dies for patching the .25, and 6mm.
This shall be interesting indeed. I have never patched that small. Obviously I will not be doing this tomorrow, so I have a lot of thinking ahead.
I definately welcome comments here.

bobk
02-16-2009, 03:00 AM
I know this is not the direction that you are going, but check out www.shootersproshop.com for cheap bullets. They have 100 gr solid bases.

Bob K

NSP64
02-16-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm working on .243 also using a lyman 83 gr boolits.

docone31
02-16-2009, 07:59 PM
NSP, I have been awaiting for your results.
Hopefully, the addition of the paper will make 100gns. My rifleing is pretty picky with weight.
Now, paper could be an entirely different situation.
I might have to get that mold, and have Lee make me some dies to size.

bobk
02-16-2009, 10:42 PM
docone31,
Clodhopper has a SAECO 061 for sale on Swappin' and Sellin'

Bob K

docone31
02-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks Bob. I am not quite ready to get a mold yet. Finance and stuff. I did find some jacketeds. I got some bulk.
I can see paper is going to be a reality though.
I did not even know we had a Swappin and Sellin section here.
I do not get out much.

revolver junkie
03-06-2009, 08:19 PM
you may want to consider an NEI mould they have alot of diffrent designs thaey can cut

just a thought