PDA

View Full Version : Big news (bad) on Zastavia Mausers

trooperdan
01-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Charles Daly is no longer importing the Zastavia Mausers! Seems that Zastavia struck a deal with Remington and you'll have the honor and privledge of buying them from Remington for about 10 % more money! The Mauser will be a Rem model 798, the Mini-mauser will be a Rem 799 and the rimfire will be a Rem model 5. No word if Remington will import any of the barrelled actions as CD used to do. If you were thinking of a Charles Daly, better try to find one at a distributor right now!

I wonder if Remington will import that cute little mini-mauser 7.62x39?

Herb in Pa
01-23-2006, 10:06 PM
I just got that info in a Charles Daly email today. KBI (the former importer) was awful close mouthed about that when I talked with them last week.

Buckshot
01-23-2006, 10:23 PM
...............I wonder if Remington will buy Winchester 8) !!!??? EAA who imports the Tanfoglio pistols as the Witness, also used to import the Russian and Turkish made shotguns, double rifles, competition 22's and a bunch of other stuff.

They don't anymore. One guess who is handeling it now?

x
x
x

x
x
x
x
x
x
Don't peek!
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x If you said Big Green, you'd be right!

.....................Buckshot

waksupi
01-24-2006, 12:15 AM
Charles Daly is no longer importing the Zastavia Mausers! Seems that Zastavia struck a deal with Remington and you'll have the honor and privledge of buying them from Remington for about 10 % more money! The Mauser will be a Rem model 798, the Mini-mauser will be a Rem 799 and the rimfire will be a Rem model 5. No word if Remington will import any of the barrelled actions as CD used to do. If you were thinking of a Charles Daly, better try to find one at a distributor right now!

I wonder if Remington will import that cute little mini-mauser 7.62x39?

SOB! I was going to place an order this week! Any idea of a distributor who may have one? I was going to order from Daly!

fatnhappy
01-24-2006, 01:01 AM
I don't know if that's good or bad. It's not like you could go out and buy a CD anyways, so now maybe big green's distribution will help make them more available, for a price.

Ricochet
01-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Maybe Charles Daly'll buy Winchester.