PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else having problems at midwayusa?

Big Tom
02-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Have been trying to search for some Lyman top punches but constantly get errors "server too busy" or other messages. Am wondering if I am the only one getting these errors.

Tom

hedgehorn
02-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Same here Tom

Doc Highwall
02-14-2009, 09:08 PM
I have been having the same problem, just keep backing up one page wait a few seconds and try again. That is what I have been doing, some times I have to do it 3 or 4 times.

Bill*
02-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Had that problem an hour ago on Midway USA's site. About 10 tries to get each page after multiple "server is too busy" messages. I guess everybody and his brother is buying gun stuff tonight......not a bad thing :mrgreen:

Westwindmike
02-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Same here. Have to hit the refresh button multiple times to get a page to load.

hotwheelz
02-15-2009, 01:17 AM
Count me in on this has been hey wire allweekend

armyrat1970
02-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Also had the problem. Just a busy site.

dmftoy1
02-15-2009, 06:54 AM
+1 - same problem

Slow Elk 45/70
02-16-2009, 05:37 AM
More of the same,,,server to busy to respond to bla, bla, I hope it is just people buying like there is no tomorrow, I know they are paying over new prices on all the dies and moulds on e-bay..more money than brains. I did not have the same problem @ midsouth or Graffs.

Baron von Trollwhack
02-16-2009, 06:43 AM
I received a message from Midway several days ago that they were about to ship a $2.09 back ordered item for $14.25. I e-mailed them the item # and asked them to cancel immediately as IT WAS ABSURD. The next day I got an e-mail that the item was charged and shipped. Potterfield has clearly joined the other side.

Do me once, my fault..................They will never do it again . Such GREED ! They just lost over a thousand $$ a year of business that will never come back to them. I was a customer for 25 years.

BvT

Dan Cash
02-16-2009, 09:35 AM
I have had the same problems in the last few days. Fewer problems this AM at 0415 Mountain time but still not fully functional. I wonder if the Obamanation's cyber technocrats are hacking these gun sites? The Lee Enfield forum is destroyed by a hacker(s).

GP100man
02-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Everything i need is" server too busy" or "out of stock"soooooo a at least i got a pertial order filled at Graffs&Son.

GP100man:cbpour:

Dean D.
02-16-2009, 09:47 PM
I've had this same problem off and on for past couple of weeks. I would have to guess it is server overload. I guess it is not just the local sporting goods stores who are having a field day with this.

mold maker
02-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Midway and Midsouth both SLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW. or not at all. Server too busy.
All kind of error codes.

EMC45
02-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Super sssssssllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Tom
02-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Here is what I got today after contacting them (and just to clarify - I did not want to bash Midwayusa when asking the question, it was just me not being sure if I should look for a solution on my PC or my internet provider...):
I want to start by apologizing for the delay in answering. Ever since the election my email box has been bursting at the seams and it is taking a while to get back to everyone. As for the website, we are currently rewriting a lot of the programming in an effort to speed things up, as well as updating the look of the website and enhancing the search function. We have also added an additional server to try and handle the traffic flow. I am aware of the problems and we are working on it. I appreciate your patience while we complete these upgrades. We are also available on the phone from 8-8 M-F and 9-5:30 on the weekends. You can dial 1-800-243-3220 and a member of the MidwayUSA family will be glad to help you find anything or place an order. Again, please accept my personal apology for the delay, and I assure you getting the website fixed is the highest priority project we are working on right now. As for the out of stock items it’s true, we are having trouble keeping items on the shelves, particularly reloading components and loaded ammunition. I think this is due to a combination of factors, including wartime demand for munitions that are made on the same assembly lines as commercial ammunition, the meteoric rise in raw materials that have raised ammunition prices so high that there is an influx of new reloaders buying more reloading equipment than the factories projected and the recent election that has a lot of shooters very concerned. Please accept my apology for the lack of stock, and I appreciate your patience as the supply lines catch up with demand.

Thanks for Your Business,

Larry Potterfield
CEO
MidwayUSA
NRA Benefactor Member

miestro_jerry
02-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Since January 20th, I have had server busy notices from many of the supplier and manufactures that we are interested in.

Midway has been very busy lately and I have a birthday discount coming up that I want to use.

Jerry

JW6108
02-18-2009, 12:18 AM
I also noticed the Server Busy message some this past weekend. I will have to say in Midway's defense that they are advising Out of Stock, No Backorder on almost all of the primers (and some other things) instead of stringing folks along waiting for months as some other vendors will do.

They don't have to do that and I give them credit for being up front about it.

klw
02-18-2009, 12:43 AM
I had that problem for quite a while months ago. I finally called them and complained. They were nice but unhelpful.

More recently I've been having a similar problem with the Smith Collector's site. Finally called my internet provider and asked them to check. They said that they found a problem. One of the routers between me and that site was faulty. They couldn't figure out which one and couldn't do anything about it. So some days I just can not get there.

shdwlkr
02-18-2009, 07:59 PM
You may not like the way things are right now but Midwayusa has been good to me again and got a part to me faster then I expected. they where out of it with backorder being allowed got it two days later then if they had had it in stock.
I was talking with the manager at my local gunshop and he is friends with someone at a powder makers company and they are just gearing up to the demand for power. It takes 6-8 weeks to get a batch of powder from start to finish.
I also ordered some bullets at Midwayusa and got it a day later then expected and they said they were sorry as they where trying to keep up with demand which isn't showing any signs of really slowing down real soon.
So this is the new way of things until who knows when. What burns me is the increase in price on ammo from just a few months ago.

Maximilian225
02-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Was just at Midways site.

The home page now says:

Welcome,

To better serve you, we are updating our computer systems at MidwayUSA. Therefore, MidwayUSA.com is currently unavailable. We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Sincerely,
Stacey & Morgan
MidwayUSA eBusiness

Apparently trying to remedy some of the current problems we have experienced

-Max

:coffee:

Tom Herman
02-18-2009, 11:46 PM
No problem with Midway per se, they just happen to be out of the items I ordered!
I'm sure they will be restocked and ship eventually.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

Heavy lead
02-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Website is down tonight, just tried to get on to see if they had an action wrench in stock.

45&30-30
02-19-2009, 01:52 AM
Midway has always been good to me. They are my go to for on line orders. They even took back a mould I 'worked' on. I recieve orders quick from them and they usually have what I need in stock. (Before the Obama month.) I am sure it will return to normal soon... until the next scare.

Treetop
02-19-2009, 02:36 AM
Yesterday I logged on to my MidwayUSA account and ordered a Lyman .310 sizer die, went through all of the steps, rounded up a dollar for the NRA, like always, then when I got to my confirm order page, there was my .310 sizer die plus 2 Hornady headspace gages!

I could possibly understand this if I had been "browsing" before I ordered, but I logged on and went straight to the bullet casting section, then to sizer dies:confused:

Needless to say, I canceled the order and started all over. Now my .310 die is on the way! I have to say that I've been satisfied with MidwayUSA and I will continue to give them some of my online business.

gary0529
02-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Had the same problem yesterday and I just called the order desk and explained that there was a problem with the website.
The nice lady replied that she was sorry but the site was down due to technical problems with the updates being installed and all should be well soon.

It was fine today.

Gary