PDA

View Full Version : I.D.I. powder and hodgdon is it the same

canuck4570
01-23-2006, 04:23 PM
I live in Canada and there is a gun shop that sell powder (hodgdon) in repact canister mark with the appropriate number.... My question is..... having seen the bulk container he received it in it is label I.D.I. powder in Autralia..... whent on the I.D.I. web site and the do make powder but it is all different numbers.... except Benchmark 1 and Benchmark 2 and if you look at theire reloading manuel it is exactly the same loads, speed, etc etc... has my reloading manuel from Hodgdon..so is this the company who makes powder for Hodgdon or is it Hodgdon who makes powder for them....

Scrounger
01-23-2006, 05:30 PM
I live in Canada and there is a gun shop that sell powder (hodgdon) in repact canister mark with the appropriate number.... My question is..... having seen the bulk container he received it in it is label I.D.I. powder in Autralia..... whent on the I.D.I. web site and the do make powder but it is all different numbers.... except Benchmark 1 and Benchmark 2 and if you look at theire reloading manuel it is exactly the same loads, speed, etc etc... has my reloading manuel from Hodgdon..so is this the company who makes powder for Hodgdon or is it Hodgdon who makes powder for them....

I believe all the powders we use come from Australia-or Czechoslovakia or Israel or China or Scotland or Holland or Sweden or Timbuktu maybe...

kciH
01-23-2006, 09:37 PM
IDI makes quite a few powders for Hodgdon. Benchmark and Varget are two that I'm sure of.

ihmsakiwi
01-24-2006, 03:02 AM
Canuck,

ADI is an Australian powder manufacturer who makes alot of Hodgson powders. I have added a web-link below. Here in New Zealand, this is more affordable than the re-packaged Hodgsons versions. Great powders, and that is a BIG compliment coming from a Kiwi.

http://www.adi-limited.com/handloaders-guide/